PG Music Home
Isn't Band-in-a-Box great?

I wasn't truly comfortable with the rock ballad version of Daybreak (written with Ron Roker) so I had a bit of time today and recorded the song in a different style.

DAYBREAK (THE RAINING AMERICANA FOLK VERSION)

Xtra style used: RAININ+ (Raining Americana Folk MultiStyle)
Category: Country
Posted By: w Re: Daybreak (The Raining Americana Folk version) - 08/24/18 04:50 PM
Joanne Cooper,

That is a great composition.

Could you share the details of the tracks you used since they are not the tracks that show up in the " demo " for Xtra style RAININ+ (Raining Americana Folk MultiStyle)
Category: Country . I realize that they would not be since you composed an original composition based on that Xtra Style.

Hope my question makes sense although i've only just finished two pots of coffee.
Joanne,

This style suits the song to a T. The pulsing rhythm guitar is a good fit for the repetition in the lyrics ( which are well crafted).
Really good!

Robert
Loving it, Jo! Your pristine and beautiful voice keeps the listener interested.

Another wonderful production throughout.

Your mastery of BIAB/RB is also noteworthy. That's why I call you the ambasatrix of PG Music. You make the software 'shine.'

Kudos, dear lady.
Joanne,

This is really outstanding... Love the mix and vocal.

Bob
I prefer this version, simple but yet powerful folk, vocals and melody sound haunting.

Janne
+++++++!!
Thank you W, Robert, Don, Bob, Janne and Fiddler. I appreciate the listen and comments.
w..the tracks are all from the Rainin American Folk style. I just did some serious editing in RealBand so at the beginning you only really hear the guitar. The vocal oohs and aahs come in later.

The tracks used are: ~701:Bass, Electric, PopHalfNotesSync Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 2780:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm Songwriter8thsBrent Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 3027:Vocal Oohs, Background Pop3-part Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 3027:Vocal Oohs, Background Pop3-part Ev 085
RealDrums in style: AmericanaRoots16th^01-a:Toms, b:Snare
Interesting to hear the song two different ways. Strong vocal performance in both. I think the Americana backing tracks better suit the song.

Good luck on the competition.
I like this version
While I quite liked the earlier rock version, this one obviously is far more complimentary to your vocal chops (of which you have plenty).
And then, a good song is a good song regardless - much harder to make a good song bad than the other way round, innit wink
Hello, Joanne

Nice song and strong vocal!
I agree with Janne.
I also prefer this version, simple but yet powerful folk, vocals and melody sound haunting.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.
Good luck with the Xtra Styles 5 contest!

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Originally Posted By: jannesan
I prefer this version, simple but yet powerful folk, vocals and melody sound haunting.

Janne

I think Janne said what I was thinking very nicely. Your vocals are always such a pleasure. The vocal harmony on this is fantastic. And the percussion is perfect. What a great listen! best to you & good luck!

Alan
Just beautiful. And your vocals are spot on (no surprise there).

Thanks, Joanne.

Good luck.
This sounds amazing Joanne. Great use of BIAB. As usual another stellar write and composition from you.
Very nice - it strokes it after the soul
© PG Music Forums