PG Music Home
(1) a link to your song - THE REMORSEFUL SOUL
(2) the name of the style you used - _REMORSE
(3) the category - Rock-Pop #5

I wanted to have a go at some of the other categories in this context, so here's a quiet & gentle piece of improvisation, with minimalistic RT instruments & arrangement.
According to the definition as made by PG, this one falls into their "Rock-Pop" genre, though I personally would rather see this particular song as more of songwriter/folk or even americana/country... so what do I know crazy

I've kept the instruments of the style unaltered (albeit slightly remixed), with just a touch of vocal ooh's added in parts. Detailed list:

RealTracks in style: 533:Bass, Electric, 12-8 Crystal Sw 065
RealTracks in style: 2692:Organ, Rhythm ModernPopSlowMike Ev 075
RealTracks in style: 2052:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking CountryBrent Sw 065
RealTracks in style: 900:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming FolkRockWaltz Ev 150
RealTracks in song: 3027:Vocal Oohs, Background Pop3-part Ev 085

Sounds really nice Eddie!
That's a start, thank you smile
Posted By: w Re: "The Remorseful Soul" - My Rock-Pop submission - 09/08/18 08:57 PM
a very interesting performance and a dramatic Rock-Pop sound ,

I especially enjoyed the way you paid attention to the phrasing and voicing of this song ,

to these old ears the main voice sounds like a harmonica although it probably is not

and the bottom line to my comments are that I really enjoyed your submission to this years contest and you should be one of the winners

Originally Posted By: w
I especially enjoyed the way you paid attention to the phrasing and voicing of this song ,
That's quite the analysis you have there, not sure I was consciously aware of all that while actually doing it... but hey, if that's the impression this leaves you, I'll take it smile
to these old ears the main voice sounds like a harmonica although it probably is not
An astute observation, and that's all I'll say about it wink
and the bottom line to my comments are that I really enjoyed your submission to this years contest and you should be one of the winners
Thanks once more for yet another vote of confidence! I'm starting to feel like I've got my own personal cheerleader here by now grin
Hi Eddie,

Well, I'll join your cheerleading group. Very relaxing yet exhilarating. That was a real nice listen. i enjoyed it very much. Good luck!

Alan
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Eddie,

Well, I'll join your cheerleading group.
ROFL, goodness me, I have a "fan base" now?! shocked

Thanks for the support (as always), seriously speaking I do really appreciate it smile
© PG Music Forums