PG Music Home
(1) a link to your song - AVE MARIA
(2) the name of the style you used - _EARLYHR
(3) the category - Country #5

I decided to quite literally search the classics for inspiration to help me 'complete the set' in this context, as it were, and found this gem to be well suited for a bit of a "facelift" cool

Details:

RealTracks in style: 366:Bass, Electric, Country Ev 065
RealTracks in style: 2542:Pedal Steel, Background ModernBalladAtmosphere Ev16 065
RealTracks in style: 2879:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm AmericanaSparseSlow16thsColin Ev16 060
RealTracks in style: 2878:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm AmericanaSlow16thsBrent Ev16 060
RealDrums in Style: AmericanaRoots16th^

Topped off with a couple of organ tracks (melody and backing), provided by yours truly. Everything then taken and put together in Cubase, too many layers for my usual "one-stop-shop" antics to cut it this time around.
Beautifully done! The background tracks complement your organ playing. Nice choice.
Thank you. Considering the origin of the piece of music I went with, I always knew the lead would "have to" be organ of some sort.
I guess I just got lucky with there then being a style on offer that fitted so neatly for the backing.
now who would have thought that the country style _EARLYHR would be suitable and appropriate for the classic " Ave Maria " which indeed it was .

A beautiful rendition finalized withing Steinberg's Cubase.

Just as an aside it is somewhat interesting, perhaps only to me, that there are no song titles that match my text search for Ave Maria in Mac 2018 Band Audiophile USB .

Thanks for this submission Mr Icelander .
Originally Posted By: w
...there are no song titles that match my text search for Ave Maria in Mac 2018 Band Audiophile USB.
There is at least one version that you should have, it's in the Songs and Lessons folder, inside the Midi Fakebook 2 folder more specifically. Loads of classical music to be discovered these Fakebook folders cool
Thanks for this submission Mr Icelander .
You're welcome, thank you likewise for all your positive feedbacks to my submissions smile
Btw, I think that now that I've made at least one submission per genre, this was my last one for this round.
I've had a lot of fun doing these, so many thanks to PG Music for making this event to rejuvenate my interest & usage of the program smile
Hello, Eddie

Nice country styled Ave Maria
The styles you picked up and Bach are going very well.
Personally I think that it is better if the tempo is much quicker.
By the way, I also use Cubase as my DAW.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.
Good luck with the Xtra Styles 5 contest!

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Originally Posted By: animarorecords

Enjoyed my listen a lot.
Good luck with the Xtra Styles 5 contest!
Thank you and likewise to you. If you don't win something for all your stellar contributions, then there's just no justice in the world smile
It's a lot of fun modernizing the classics, isn't it?

Wonderful job on this, Eddie (and such a beautiful song to boost).
Originally Posted By: jford
It's a lot of fun modernizing the classics, isn't it?
Absolutely my most favourite thing to do in music! Especially when you got something like BBox which is all about easy access to different music styles.
I've actually made a designated "my take on a classic" playlist at my YT channel cool

Great Job! Man, this sounds awesome.

BUT--Ok man, if you want to throw Bach around, I'm back in the ring if that's the way you want to play it.

How many rounds does this thing go?

smile
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
--Ok man, if you want to throw Bach around, I'm back in the ring if that's the way you want to play it.
BRING IT! grin
How many rounds does this thing go?
Well, there is a deadline, but I see nothing about limits of submissions, so... wink

Ok, you asked for it man.

I'm pulling out the Classical Fake Book.

We are so on.

smile
Brilliant! smile

Ok, you asked for it man.

I'm pulling out the Classical Fake Book.

We are so on.

smile

i'm waiting !

don't forget the deadline is coming up soon .
i'm waiting !
Now now, art must not be rushed laugh

Perhaps I should've warned him that doing this kind of thing is actually not nearly as easy & straight forward as it may look wink
Eddie,

Very pleasant and relaxing listen. On SoundCloud you have it listed as alternative Rock? Reminds me of Pink Floyd music. I kept waiting for the echoing singer to start.
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Eddie,

Very pleasant and relaxing listen. On SoundCloud you have it listed as alternative Rock?
Well yes, to my mind listing this as "Country" over there would've been quite misleading. SC core list of genres isn't all that extensive, you know (eg no "Americana"), so this was the best fit I could settle with smirk
Reminds me of Pink Floyd music. I kept waiting for the echoing singer to start.
My first reaction to this statement was "that's a really big name allusion and far away from my intentions!", but then I got thinking there are maybe a few Pink Floyd songs that could be seen as coming close (though not the one you're suggesting, that one is way too "big"!), like Comfortably Numb or Us and Them. But to my mind, now that you've brought it up, the closest PF song is probably this one, which name of course now completely eludes me so I'm attaching some notes of its melody from memory if you recognise it:

Attached picture Screen shot 2018-09-21 at 16.35.55.png
This is one of my best songs close to classic/ serious Movie music that I heard when I was young , That I will never forget, the other Edelweiss.

Made me as a kid know what I wanted to try and do with my life, when I grew up, I am still waiting....To grow up.

This was fantastic thank you.

Edelweiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bL2BCiFkTk
Eddie, can you whistle the tune next time? I can't read music. blush
Eddie, can you whistle the tune next time? I can't read music. blush
Ah, I kinda presumed everyone in here was more music savvy than me, sorry about that. I'll see if this is worth wasting storage space on, since I can't upload audio directly into forum posts (which for the 21st century is just bonkers) as I can with small pics...
Epilogue on that Pink Floyd subject: It turns out the song I was thinking of isn't by Pink Floyd at all, so... blush

Right, move along, nothing more to see here crazy

EDIT: Just in case you wondered, the song in question is this one HERE
© PG Music Forums