PG Music Home
Thank you again to everyone who submitted their songs to our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest - 59 entries in total!

As always, we were blown away with every song entered! We truly enjoy listening to what everyone comes up with using Band-in-a-Box!

Our judging team listened to all the songs, and choosing the winners wasn't easy... some of the things taken into consideration were the quality of the composition, Xtra styles used, use of program features within the song, and originality - and we're now ready to announce the winners!

The Winners are: [insert drumroll...]

I Will Be Your Doggie Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: fiddler2007
Xtra Style used: _WILDONE
Original Forum Post

Jazz:
Wie zingt verjaagt zijn pijn (He who sings expels his pain) Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: rodipoet
Xtra Styles Used: _SILKY
Original Forum Post

MIDI:
Child of the 70s Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: Will Josef
Xtra Style Used: HORIZON
Original Forum Post

Rock-Pop:
Hide it Away Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: Ezekiel's Storm
Xtra Style used: _CHEATED
Original Forum Post

Congratulations everyone!
Congratulations to the winners but also congratulations to all the participants.

I'm sure this came down to coin tosses in some instances because all the entries were excellent. I'm just glad I wasn't asked to judge because judging this contest had to be extremely difficult.

Again, congratulations!
Congratulations to the winners!!! Your success is well deserved.

I agree with Jim. All who contributed to this competition have done a sterling job!

Regards,
Noel
Not only congratulations to the winners but also congratulations to all the participants.
Being quite the competitive person (on the rare occasion I go into such a situation), I can't often sincerely say I don't care if I win or lose, but this time around I can genuinely say I honestly don't care that I didn't win! Especially since I can't fault any of the decisions for the winners smile

So congrats to all the fine artists who did win. Well earned cool
Congratulations to all winners and others and I am glad to have competed with you :-)
Congratulations, everyone. It was fun and a lot of great music resulted.
Wow!

I am happy to win, but I can honestly say that I wouldn't have been sad if I didn't win, because there are so many great songs in this contest.

I feel so lucky that I have found this forum with so many great song writers and music producers... and... just great, friendly people.

Thanks again,
Will

A great group of winners. Congratulations to each and all.
Congratulations to all the contest winners.
It was fun for me to participate in the competition and listen to my competitors' songs.

Best regards.

From Japan
Shigeki Adachi
I enjoyed this competition very much. There were so many strong competioners. It was fun listening to all different output and hear what biab is capable of. Thanks for this software, it changed my music life.
congrats to all who won, and to all the runner ups.
Congrats, guys!

A lot of really stellar music here :-)
Originally Posted By: beatmaster
congrats to all who won, and to all the runner ups.

"Runner-ups"?
Deaconsblue9

Well son there is no losers, all where good enough to win.
Congrats to all the winners!

Yes, this was a great one and congrats to the winners--and congrats to all who entered, as has been noted.

I was truly amazed at the entries on this one from people I have heard before, and people who are new.

The level of songcraft, production, lyric writing, vocals, arrangement, creativity, and use of blended styles and tools was just astounding.

Some of the best work I have heard from everyone. I could tell a lot of people were really "going for it"--and it was magical to see and hear it all come together.

Some amazing talent on this forum for sure. Some real "producers."
Boo! Hiss!......opps, wrong forum laugh

It took me forever to go thru the entries, because the first time I was looking for "the winners"....by the 3rd time I was just enjoying all the tracks!

Congrats folks, you deserved the wins in my book, even tho it would have been a stale mate if I would have had to pick....

I think this was better than the last xtra contest, and I hope PG keeps this up. It is fun to hear what is done with styles that have not been around for too long.

Again, Congrats folks! cool
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Yes, this was a great one and congrats to the winners--and congrats to all who entered, as has been noted.

I was truly amazed at the entries on this one from people I have heard before, and people who are new.

The level of songcraft, production, lyric writing, vocals, arrangement, creativity, and use of blended styles and tools was just astounding.

Some of the best work I have heard from everyone. I could tell a lot of people were really "going for it"--and it was magical to see and hear it all come together.

Some amazing talent on this forum for sure. Some real "producers."

David said it pretty danged good. He expressed everything I wanted to say and even some more great points I hadn't considered. A big CONGRATS to the winners. It was a lot of fun to participate. Talk about some great music from the folks here on the site!

Alan
Congratulations to all of the winners. I'm sure that the judges had a very hard time picking a winner as all of the entries were excellent.

This contest really showed BiaB's versatility.
Congratulations to all the contest winners.
© PG Music Forums