PG Music Home
Posted By: mrgeeze Diffing BIAB Win and BIAB Mac... Today - 08/24/19 10:11 AM
I have used BIAB DOS/WIn for the better part of 3 decades now.
I do miss those 5.25" floppies and the DOS interface.
Times change, I guess.

3 or 4 years ago I purchased the Mac version. It was a far cry from the capabilities of the Win version. I was pretty underwhelmed and never used it for any real work.

The regular annual winter upgrade expense for BIAB will soon be upon us. I would like to consider switching to the MAC version but don't wish to repeat the expensive experiment I conducted previously.

So, I am wondering

What features of BIAB Win are not present in BIAB Mac?

Are all RealTracks present?

Will I be able to migrate all my purchased extra styles over?

Thanks.
I have a Mac version of BIAB I use casually. The Mac version does not include ReadBand.

There are a few other omissions I consider minor (some others will probably disagree) but PG Music has made a good effort in recent years to lessen any discrepancies.

The Mac version is released each year many months after the Windows version, so there will be a period of many months when the versions are different.

All the RealTracks can be purchased for the Mac version but they are a different file format.

About styles, I don’t know. The Xtra styles aren’t audio files so maybe they could be copied between platforms like songs. I suspect the answer is No but you should ask Sales.
Posted By: mrgeeze Re: Diffing BIAB Win and BIAB Mac... Today - 08/27/19 04:08 PM
Thank you Matt Finley.

I prefer running BIAB win on my Mac using Parallels rather than the native Mac version.
I'm guessing I'll probably just continue to do that for the time being.

It works just fine.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Diffing BIAB Win and BIAB Mac... Today - 09/06/19 02:55 AM
You can do a crossgrade and get just the MacBB app Using Win Audiophile Drive or WMA On Mac (Crossgrade) & Win
© PG Music Forums