PG Music Home
Posted By: Lou S 2021 upgrade confusion from a newbee - 12/01/20 01:54 PM
I bought BIB 2020 last December, so this is my first upgrade cycle. I am confused about the myriad of addons and what goes with what...

I have:
BIB Ultra Pack 2020
Xtra styles 1-9
Bonus 49 Pack 2020

What I know I need/want:
BIB Ultra pack 2021 upgrade
Xtra Styles pack 10 (since I have 1-9)

What I'm confused about:
What is "Multi Styles 1"; how to I get it and do I need it
I have the 2020 Bonus 49-Pack, is the $49 for a new purchase or an upgrade to what I already have?
The BIB upgrade includes a "Bonus Pack", is that part of any of the above?

Anything else I am missing? lol

With so many different add-ons it is very confusing, especially for a new user. Has PG Music considered consolidating/simplifying them?

Thanks in advance for your assistance,
Lou
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: 2021 upgrade confusion from a newbee - 12/01/20 04:30 PM
Lou S,

To update your 2020 PlusPAK purchase and make sure you obtain everything available in 2021 you should:

1) Purchase the 2021 PlusPAK upgrade during the December sale. The PlusPAK upgrade includes the 2021 Band-in-a-Box, RealBand and Plugin updates and RealTrack Sets 353 to 375.

The content included in this purchase is best explained +++ HERE +++

During the December sale a bonus package of (a) 64 new styles, (b) Instrumental Studies 15 (Minor Jazz Blues Guitar Soloing), (c) MIDI SuperTrack Set 32 (Jazz, New Age and Gospel Keys), (d) Look Ma! More MIDI (Midi Styles Set 5) and (e) over 300 RealCharts for Drums (transcription notation for all the RealDrum tracks) is included at no additional cost.

The content included in the Bonus PAK is best described +++ HERE +++

2) Purchase the 49 PAK. The 49 PAK includes (a) 40 unreleased RealTracks, (b) MultiStyles PAK 1 (also available separately), (c) Artist Performance Set 10 (More Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly), (d) Instrumental Studies 14: Country Rock Blues Shuffle Soloing, (e) MIDI SuperTracks Set 33: More Bass, (f) Look Ma! More MIDI (Midi Styles Set 6) and (g) 14 RealDrum "Singles". The link above also describes the 49 PAK in detail.

As noted above, the MultiStyles PAK 1 is included in the Bonus 49 PAK.

3)Purchase the Xtra Styles PAK 10.

If you want the files on DVD or USB memory stick, PG Music charges for shipping. International shipping may incur government tariffs, duties or taxes.

I hope this helps. You can always contact PG Music Sales by chat or telephone for purchasing questions. The first link above also has a guide where you can input the serial number and receive upgrade suggestions.

Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Posted By: Lou S Re: 2021 upgrade confusion from a newbee - 12/07/20 11:56 PM
Thanks for the help, Jim! Very helpful information, and I was able to place my update order. The drive arrived late last week, and I am about to install it.

Do I need to / should I uninstall BIB 2020 first, or must install 2021 over the top of it?

I don't want them running side by side as my studio computer is a notebook and storage is at a premium. I know that I can run it off the external drive, but hopefully I'll travelling again soon and would rather not have another item to back in my notebook bag. lol

Thanks again for your assistance!
Lou
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: 2021 upgrade confusion from a newbee - 12/08/20 11:51 PM
I suggest installing 2021 over your existing installation. That way you retain use of any extras like Bonus PAKs and Xtra Styles you may have purchased in the past or received as a part of a previous purchase.
© PG Music Forums