PG Music Home
Posted By: Tina Jay Which BIAB Version to choose? - 12/14/20 07:34 AM
Hello all, Tina here from Dorset, UK! I am new to this Forum and BIAB...in fact I haven't purchased any product - yet.

I am a hobby singer and am missing the performing side of things!

I want to use BIAB to
a) create my own backing tracks and perform live on sites like Jellystreet
b) learn how to compose my own songs (I don't play any instrument besides percussive accompaniment...tambourine, shakers etc.) and maybe even have a go at selling them online

Which BIAB version to go for? I like a wide variety of styles...

Thanks for your help!
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Which BIAB Version to choose? - 12/14/20 10:06 AM
The most 'value for your money' package is the Ultra plus. It is the first level package that has all of the full release content except for any add-on packages.

The Band-in-a-Box program is the same for every package and the additional cost between packages is the amount of standard content that comes with each package.

My current version of BIAB has more than 8,300 Styles and 3,000 RealTracks with thousands of hours of Studio audio recordings by top Session musicians -- plus Midi, super midi, RealDrums, loops, percussive instruments, melodists and soloists.

That gives me a "wide variety of styles...".

It's my opinion that regardless of what you may read here on the forum or on social media like Facebook and YouTube comments, BIAB content can create any genre and type of music given enough time, talent and effort by the user. When someone comments that BIAB can't create song content within a certain genre, most times that means the user can't do it and not that BIAB software isn't capable.
Posted By: saxgentleman67 Re: Which BIAB Version to choose? - 12/27/20 05:21 PM
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle

My current version of BIAB has more than 8,300 Styles and 3,000 RealTracks with thousands of hours of Studio audio recordings by top Session musicians -- plus Midi, super midi, RealDrums, loops, percussive instruments, melodists and soloists.

Hi Charlie. Question. 8,300 styles? I'm looking at getting the UltraPak Plus AND the ALL style paks 1-10. That adds up to 4,200. (3000 plus 1200)

Are there other style paks besides the 1-10? Thanks.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Which BIAB Version to choose? - 12/27/20 06:46 PM
Originally Posted By: saxgentleman67
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle

Hi Charlie. Question. 8,300 styles? I'm looking at getting the UltraPak Plus AND the ALL style paks 1-10. That adds up to 4,200. (3000 plus 1200)

Are there other style paks besides the 1-10? Thanks.

I have been building my system for years and always purchase Bonus Paks, 49 Paks and other products that aren't necessarily included with a current year's main package release. It adds up.

That is also why I install over my existing version with each upgrade. That preserves all of these previous add-ons from earlier years.
Posted By: saxgentleman67 Re: Which BIAB Version to choose? - 12/27/20 08:24 PM
Ok. Thanks.

For the $200 upgrade it says that it includes ALL style paks ever released. So your bonus paks are separate from those?

There's no way to get the rest of those anymore?
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Which BIAB Version to choose? - 12/27/20 08:54 PM
I don't know what's still available and over the years PG Music has released Paks, Bonus packs, 49 Paks and over the years, I purchased what was offered.

You can check your personal system by opening Help|What add-ons do I have? and any missing items should be listed there.
Posted By: saxgentleman67 Re: Which BIAB Version to choose? - 12/28/20 02:36 AM
Thanks. I see what it is. I was looking at Style Paks, there's only 10 of them.

The Midi Styles have like 83 different ones.

Which are more important to have?
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Which BIAB Version to choose? - 12/28/20 05:36 AM
<< Which are more important to have? >>

Reading in posts what gear you have and how you intend to use BIAB, you appear more likely to use RealStyles more than Midi but that's just a guess on my part. Even though I don't end my projects with a lot of midi instruments, I start nearly every project with a midi style because they are easier to establish the groove of a song.
© PG Music Forums