PG Music Home
Posted By: Pat Dee Guitar Chords - I Think - 11/07/22 11:24 AM
Okay here's my question.

So I play a guitar chord and I don't know it's name, is there a way of imputing it manually and let BIAB do the rest ie name the chord??

Thanks in advance

Pat.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Guitar Chords - I Think - 11/07/22 11:46 AM
Welcome to the forum.

No, Band-in-a-Box will not tell you the name of a chord by putting in the chord notes.

However ...

The PG Music's standalone program, +++ Guitar Chord Dictionary +++, has a reverse chord lookup feature. The Guitar Chord Dictionary is available for $19 US. PG Music also has a similar standalone program for piano.

Several online references are available for finding guitar chords such as +++ Reverse Guitar Chord Finder +++, +++ Chord Identifier +++, +++ Chord Namer +++ and the +++ Guitar Chord Finder +++.

Both the Google Play Store and Apple store has chord finder apps for smartphones.

I used the search term "reverse guitar chord finder".
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Guitar Chords - I Think - 11/08/22 12:15 PM
If you know the notes of a chord and can play them all at once on a keyboard connected to BIAB, then yes. BIAB has a function called MIDI Chord Detection. I use it all the time. It will give you up to four choices of chord name and, when you choose one, enter that chord into the Chordsheet of your song.
Posted By: edshaw Re: Guitar Chords - I Think - 11/27/22 07:43 PM
Years ago, when I was taking up piano lessons, a family friend, a concert pianist who coincidentally played a pretty mean ragtime piano set me down to show me the ropes. He introduced me to the concept of chord inversions. Not a lengthy lesson, but one that was worth the effort. Ten fingers down, when possible.
© PG Music Forums