PG Music Home
13. Band-in-a-Box® is playing out of tune. Can I correct the tuning of my sound card?

Tuning depends on the sound source. If you are using a sound card/synth that can be tuned (Roland VSC, Creative SoundBlaster, and others), you may be able to tune it using the Master Tuning feature in Band-in-a-Box®, under the GM menu. If this does not work, see your sound card/synth manufacturer for support. If you are using a synth module or keyboard, see the manual for tuning info.

If Band-in-a-Box® is playing out of tune, and you are using a software synthesizer (rather than a hardware synth/module), your sound card itself could be out of tune. Test this by playing MIDI and wave files with Windows Media Player, outside of Band-in-a-Box®. You will need to contact the computer or sound card manufacturer to resolve this problem.

Another possibility is that your sound card is locked at a different sample rate than Band-in-a-Box® supports. Band-in-a-Box® plays audio using 44.1 KHz sample rate. If you sound card is locked at 48 KHz (for some reason), then the audio will be playing at the wrong pitch.

Is there any update on the soundcards that can be tuned?

I would especially like to know if there are any such devices for laptops. Right now, I have a Creative Labs USB soundcard, but I can't use it with Master Tuning.
© PG Music Forums