PG Music Home
94. Why do I get a File I/O error when I try to open or rebuild a song list?

This means that either Band-in-a-Box® is unable to read one or more of the songs in the folder, or Band-in-a-Box® is unable to read or modify an existing SonglistTemp4.BIN file. Band-in-a-Box® uses the file SongListTemp4.BIN to define the song list for a particular folder. This file is stored in the folder with your song files. One or more of the solutions below should resolve the problem.

• A File I/O error may occur if the SongListTemp4.BIN file was somehow marked as 'read-only' after it was created. One way this may have occurred is if you had changed the properties of the folder in question to read-only, and said 'Yes' when asked if you wanted to apply the changes to all subfolders and files. Right-click on the folder and select Properties. If Read-only is checked, uncheck it and click [Apply]. If you are asked if you want the changes to apply to all subfolders and files, say yes. If you have multiple song folders, you should change the properties of the folder at the "top level"(the folder that contains all of your song folders within it).

• You may be able to resolve the problem by simply deleting the SongListTemp4.BIN file from the folder you are having trouble with.

• If you have Windows 2000 or XP Professional, one possibility is that an administrator on the computer has changed the permission settings for the folder(s) containing your songs to disallow read or write access. If you are logged on as an administrator, you can check the security and permissions settings by right-clicking on the folder, selecting properties, and clicking on the Security tab.

© PG Music Forums