PG Music Home
Posted By: DouglasP BIAB VST in Studio One 4.5 problems/errors. - 09/09/19 10:14 PM
I keep getting this error message "There is a problem running band in a box. Please restart the plugin and try again." on my Win 10 pro AMD quad core computer and my Studio One is fully updated. I have uninstalled BIAB & reinstalled with the newest updates. plus I can only add chords 1 measure at a time as I get to the end of a measure it wont go beyond without me clicking on the start of the next measure. This is only happening in the vst version. Thanks for any help.
Best to post here Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows)
In the bb\ folder try right click on bbw4.exe Run As Administrator
Originally Posted By: DouglasP
I keep getting this error message "There is a problem running band in a box. Please restart the plugin and try again." on my Win 10 pro AMD quad core computer and my Studio One is fully updated.

Hello DouglasP,

Is this Studio One Artist or Studio One Pro?

Please do the following with all programs closed.

Step 1: Please re-install the latest Band-in-a-Box update for your version from here:

https://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm
*The second half of the build update is the Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin installer, so it's important to reinstall the build update while troubleshooting, even if you've just done so.

Step 2: Open Band-in-a-Box (full version), go into your Style Picker and click "rebuild - fast rebuild". Once completed, please close Band-in-a-Box.

Step 3: Open your DAW (Studio One), load the Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin. Then go to File | Preferences and make sure your folders are all set correctly. The default folders are suggested there - but if you have Band-in-a-Box installed to a different location, you'll need to make adjustments.

Step 4: Click "Select" then "Select a Style" to launch your Style Picker Dialog. Select a style and press OK. Then press "Generate" to generate the tracks in that Style.

Keep an eye on the progress messages at the bottom left of the plugin Window. If you interrupt a process, you can crash the plugin.

If the issue persists, please restart your DAW and then open the stand alone version of the plugin. To do this, please go into bb\BBPlugin\Files and launch the Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin Standalone. Or, if you have a 32 bit OS, it's in bb\BBPlugin\Files\32-bit.

Let us know how it goes!
© PG Music Forums