PG Music Home
Hi all,

I recently noticed that some of my "picker" dialogs started flickering and redrawing slowly in Band-in-a-Box. Specifically, it was the RealTracks, RealDrums, and Style Pickers. I found a solution to the issue so I thought I'd share it on here.

My setup:
Graphics card: Gigabyte NVidia GTX 1080
Monitor 1: LG 27GL850 (2560 x 1440 resolution, 10-bit color, 144 hz)
Monitor 2: LG 27UL550-W (3820 x 2160 resolution, 10-bit color, 60 hz)
Extended desktop mode

Symptoms:
Items in the picker dialogs redraw slowly or flicker every time you move your cursor over them or scroll.

Solution:
The issue actually occurred twice for me, and I found a different solution each time.

Instance 1: Windows automatically uninstalled the NVidia Control Panel software because Microsoft now requires that you download it through the Windows Store application directly. I downloaded it and installed it from the Windows Store and the issue went away.

Instance 2: The problem returned after I installed LG software called OnScreen Control that allows you to adjust settings for your monitor, including brightness, contrast, screen splitting, etc. To resolve it, I closed the app and prevented the app from starting up with Windows. To close the app, find it in your SYSTEM TRAY, right-click, and select EXIT. To disable it from running at startup, click on the START button and type in "Task Manager". From Task Manager, go to the STARTUP tab, right-click on LMMStartUpApp and select DISABLE.

Of course, this issue could be affecting other graphics cards and monitors. If you are experiencing this problem, make sure to check these things:

- Graphics card control panel software is installed and running in system tray
- Any other monitor adjustment software is disabled
© PG Music Forums