PG Music Home
I just downloaded and installed the Celtic style set from package 8. I have rebuilt my styles and the new Celtic styles still show as N/A when I try to apply them.
First of all jazzflute, welcome to Band-in-a-Box and to the forum. We need some additional information to help us advise you.

Please share your system information; Mac or Windows? What year of Band-in-a-Box are you running? What build number (open help and the build number is near the top of the window)? What package do you have; ProPAK, MegaPAK, UltraPAK or Audiophile? Is Band-in-a-Box, styles and RealTracks all located on the same disk drive? Are you running the program from the primary drive or external drive? Last, what name does PG Music call package 8?

I'm sure we can help you figure this out. I look forward to your response. Again, welcome to the forum.
Thanks Jim - Answers to questions
*Windows
*Band in a Box Pro 2021 w/free bonus PAK
*Build 818
*All files installed on external HD (G:)
*Running program from external drive (64 bit version)
*All Xtra Styles PAK 8 - Celtic 1 (I purchased just the Celtic Styles from PAK 8)

Also, Looking in my Preferences and the box that says "[Optional] Xtra Styles Sets and more - found" is empty.
jazzflute,

Thank you for your response and your answers to my questions.

Observation: There have been a few updates since build 818. Build 822 is the current release. It is available +++ HERE +++.

Please update to build 822. After installing the update, please open the StylePicker. The program will prompt you to initiate a rebuild of the StylePicker database. Check if the styles are available after the update as some of the fixes were the StylePicker.

2nd Observation: Be observant of the drive letter Windows assigns the external drive. Since you are running the program from the external drive the XtraStyles must be installed to the external drive. My suspicion is the XtraStyles were installed to the computer's primary (C) drive.

Last thought: This forum section is primarily so PG Music can present answers to frequently asked questions PG Music Support receives. Not many forum members visit this section. In the future you may want to ask questions in the +++ Band-in-a-Box for Windows +++ forum section. It will receive many more views and there is a much better chance your questions will receive accurate answers.
Thanks Jim, I will pass this along and then move to the other forum. I installed the update... no change. Triple checked the drive and folder and everything is set to install/run from the G:/bb/ folder.

This is the yellow box error I get when I try to apply one of the styles:
RealTracks not found: (Style) (Set #123) 1412 Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm CelticHornpipe Sw16 070, [2021.822.0, 2/22/2021 6:33:49 PM]

So, if everything is pointing to right folder (G:) I must not have these RTs installed. Don't the instrument tracks come with the program or the styles?
Now I understand the issue. PG Music has a disclaimer on the +++ XtraStyles Webpage +++ stating you must have either the UltraPAK or Audiophile package in order to have all the RealTracks the XtraStyles use. The ProPAK likely does not include RealTrack # 1412. RealTrack # 1412 is part of RealTracks set 123.

Both the UltraPAK and Audiophile packages include all the RealTracks available in packages. However the ProPAK includes about 1/10th of all the package RealTracks and the MegaPAK includes about 1/3rd of all the package RealTracks.

All is not lost however. You can ask anyone that has RealTracks Set # 123, the UltraPAK or Audiophile package to use your song file to create an Artist Performance Track of RealTracks 123 playing the song file and send you the track. Then when you play the song, you'll have the missing guitar performance.

An Artist Performance Track is an audio file that is linked to a song file. When Band-in-a-Box or RealBand plays the song file it will also play the Artist Performance Track.

Description: XtraStyles Caution.
Attached picture Clipboard01.png
Gotcha, Kinda makes BIB quite the money pit doesn't it. I understand what you have pointed out. I really appreciate your willingness to help me out.
PG Music offers a no questions asked money back guarantee. I'd contact PG Music Sales.
© PG Music Forums