PG Music Home
Hi,
Running Win 10, BiaB Pro, on startup getting "Audio input disabled, error 9997. Windows audio error, Input and output sample rates must match."

Please point me in the direction to solve this. If I understand this message it has to do with windows audio settings, not necessarily the setting in BiaB. I don't know where to find these settings. I'm currently just inputting chords manually in BiaB, but want to have other options, including as a Reaper plugin.

If it's under win>start>Control Panel>Sound, what do I do next?

Thanks,

HG
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Error 9997 Audio input disabled - 08/05/21 02:13 PM
Greetings HunterGatherer,

Welcome to Band-in-a-Box and to the forum!

Your questions may receive more views and better answers if you pace them in the +++ Band-in-a-Box for Windows +++ forum section. This section does not receive as much views as it is intended mainly as a section for PG Music Sales and Support to answer questions frequently asked by users.

You may not need to mess with the Windows Control Panel settings. Open the Band-in-a-Box (BiaB) Preferences window with keystrokes Ctrl+E and then choose the "Audio" button which opens the "Audio Settings" window.

Change the "Audio Driver Type" from the default of "WAS" to "MME" and save the setting. Close the BiaB program and then reopen the program.

Although WAS is the preferred setting, not all computers work well with WAS. MME is the most compatible setting with all systems.

Should you need to revisit your question about sample rate setting, check out +++ THIS +++ thread.

Description: Audio Settings window with "Audio Driver Type" open and highlighted.
Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Posted By: HunterGatherer Re: Error 9997 Audio input disabled - 08/05/21 03:50 PM
Thanks Jim,

Worked like a charm. Reopened with no error message. Will that apply if every other setting in my system is looking for ASIO drivers?

I'm checking out the link you provided, and post in a better thread as well.

Many thanks. Appreciated.

HG
© PG Music Forums