PG Music Home
Posted By: Baloo-53 Changing realtrack instruments - 05/09/22 02:47 AM
I'm sure this has been discussed earlier but wasn't able to find the topic so...
I want to change the instrument on one realtrack for another instrument while keeping the notes being played.

Example:
I open a style (e.g. _slblgrw.sty) and I want to change the "Guitar 1" (822: guitar) realtrack to a "1124 fiddle" realtrack but still keeping the notes played by the guitar. What is the procedure to do this?

What I've tried is to right-click on the track in the mixer and selected the fiddle from the "Best all Real tracks". This results in
1) the instrument name in the mixer changes (OK)
2) the notes shown in the Notation window changes (not OK)
3) the melody played on the track remains the same as the original, i.e. not what is shown in the Notation window.

How to do this correctly?
Each RealTrack will play differently from each other. This is because they are made from real audio recordings and the musicians who did them would interpret the chords in their own ways during the recording session.

The notation that shows for some RealTracks is just a transcription of what they had played during the recording session. The RealTrack does not change what it plays based on notation. In the 2022 version of Band-in-a-Box, there is the Playable RealTracks feature, but even with this it is entering MIDI notes onto the RealTrack track, and the RealTrack itself is not following the newly entered notes.
© PG Music Forums