PG Music Home
Posted By: Brian K Bar settings Mac 2019 - 02/03/20 01:37 PM
Hi all. I started with windows BIAB in 2011 and went Mac in 2013 or 2014. Just went from Mac ‘16 to ‘19 a couple weeks ago. Since there was no tech support in January I took sales person’s word that all bugs present inn’16 had been fixed and upgraded. Fact is that bar settings in Mac still don’t adjust realtracks (all I ever use) to a time signature change. It adjusts the bar and returns according to the setting you enter BUT the instruments do not adjust. A gap of silence is created instead. Windows, however, has always worked fine and, interestingly, an old windows song file with such a bar setting if opened in Mac also works perfectly.

To be clear:
Specifically when cutting one measure of 4/4 to 2/4 and immediately returning to 4/4 as happens commonly in country and/or bluegrass. I spoke with tech about this in 2017 and was told they were aware of it but didn’t have or intend a fix. Since the only way around this is to cut the measure in the DAW during edits and mixing (tedious and sometimes somewhat problematic) I’d love to see a fix. Is there anyway to fix Mac audiophile to perform this function correctly yet and if not is there an intended
fix?
Thanks!
Posted By: Mike Halloran Re: Bar settings Mac 2019 - 02/04/20 07:22 PM
Best to ask this in the Mac forum. This page is so that PG Music can address frequently asked questions and is rarely visited for anything else.
© PG Music Forums