PG Music Home
Posted By: minor9th How to get a Finale file into BIAB - 07/27/22 10:10 PM
What's the best way to get a finale file (windows 10/ver 25) into biab Windows 10 ver 2022? Finale notation file, pdf, midi, import, export. etc.?

Once I get it into biab, How do I open it and how do I bring up the notation parts for editing if necessary?

Any help would surely be appreciated.
Thank you,
George
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: How to get a Finale file into BIAB - 07/27/22 10:27 PM
Hi George,

Band-in-a-Box can import MIDI, MusicXML, ABC Notation and common audio files. Finale would have to export it's file in one of those formats to be imported into Band-in-a-Box.

On a side note, did you mean to ask a Band-in-a-Box question in the RealBand FAQ forum section? The FAQ forum sections are mainly used by PG Music to publish answers to common questions received by PG Music Sales & Support. You may want to ask your question in the +++ Band-in-a-Box for Windows +++ forum section where it will receive more views and perhaps a more knowledgeable response.
Posted By: minor9th Re: How to get a Finale file into BIAB - 08/06/22 03:07 PM
Thanks for all your help Jim. I have been trying to accomplish this information and am getting somewhere. Was able to export/import from Finale to biab with some sucess. Can now do the midi or the mxml files.

Thank you again. I really appreciate your help.
George
© PG Music Forums