PG Music Home
We had a customer ask if you can anticipate an eighth or a sixteenth note on any beat. Yes, you can! Tobin made up a quick video to show how this is done, so we thought we would share it here as well.

I for one wasn't familiar with the use of your "anticipate" terminology, until the video made me realise you were talking about what the program's own vocabulary always refers to as "pushes".

So I just thought I'd put that out there for the sake of clarity (hopefully).
We had a follow-up question in the youtube comments of that first one, so I made a new video showing how to also include rests:

And yes, Icelander, usually the terminology in Band-in-a-Box is "push" instead of "anticipate", I just used "anticipate" because that's how the original question was posed. But in the new video I made sure to indicate that both terms are interchangeable.
Fair enuff, I just figured I wouldn't be the only one so I decided to squeeze that in there.
There was an additional question about including beats 3 & 4 into the mix, so I made a 3rd part to this collection of videos:

Is there a way to Push the first beat of every bar or a selection of bars without having to manually edit every single bar? Or would that be a Customized Style?
Originally Posted By: olemon
Is there a way to Push the first beat of every bar or a selection of bars without having to manually edit every single bar? Or would that be a Customized Style?

Hi olemon,

There is no current way to do that, however that's an excellent suggestion, and I'll suggest that as a new feature.
© PG Music Forums