PG Music Home
There are loads of features I'd like to know how to do within this thing, or if they're even possible to begin with. So an "in-depth" kind of extended video for this feature would be most appreciated (particularly for Mac users, for which this feature is much more recent).
Case example: I tried using the Cubase method I'm used to to quickly select all the notes of just one particular pitch, and it didn't work.

Just one thing of many that the current introductory video doesn't go into.
+1. Great idea Eddie.

While making a quick search of the Band-in-a-Box videos I found two videos for the Piano Roll View (PRV). The Windows PRV video is 2:26 long and released 11/14/2013. It is available under the BiaB for Windows videos and Tips & Tricks. The Mac PRV video is 2:30 and released 05/28/2018.

An in depth video of how to use the PRV window would be extremely helpful.
A Windows video was created using the latest Windows 2019 Version!

Originally Posted By: Callie - PG Music
A Windows video was created using the latest Windows 2019 Version!
Not quite what we need, since we have neither of those (PC nor '19) versions of the program, so both the interface and the commands are going to be different at least. So here's hoping for something a bit closer to what I actually asked for.
...but ok, it's a start and likely useful for the proper candidates, very good.
This video is applicable to the Mac version of Band-in-a-Box® as well. You just need to substitute the CTRL key on Windows® for the command key on Mac®.
I'm aware of that now having watched it through, but that's not really why I don't think this particular video (named "Overview" at that) suffices - It simply isn't extensive enough, essentially a case of brings on more questions than it answers, as it were.
Case in point off the top of my head - Can we use the arrow keys to move from note to the next, or to do anything else at all within this interface (loads in Cubase); can we use those in key-combos or other types of key-combos to swiftly move notes an octave (again looking at Cubase); is there any way to adjust note length to the left instead of first being forced to adjust it only to the right and then move the lot backwards (I mean, honestly guys!).... I could go on, but you get the picture, I'm sure.
This vid shows what the piano roll view can do, that's it. If it was capable of doing additional things such as what Cubase does they would have said so.

It's been said so many times, BIAB IS NOT A DAW! If you need more editing capability than what Biab has then once you've created the song, move it to Cubase. Simple. If you're asking for Biab to do more then that's a legitimate request for the Wishlist forum.

When I read about the various DAW's some are good with midi and some not. Cubase is always ranked as one of the best midi editors out there while Studio One for example is not. Different priorities and customers make the choice.

Bob
© PG Music Forums