PG Music Home
BIAB is so powerful that almost every time I use it, or read the forums, I learn something. Even though every year I read all the documentation and browse all the menus to find out what's new, I still seem to miss some features. Here's a short thread today that demonstrates the problem. https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=595719#Post595719

In it, an experienced, skilled user did not realize that BIAB made a major change last year to use RealTracks instead of MIDI in the Melodist. That experienced user, only trying to help, could just as easily have been me. Peter Gannon then gave the updated info. I've made similar statements on other topics only to learn that I didn't know something had been changed.

So would PG Music consider making a video to highlight quickly the main features that have been recently updated that, despite our best attempt to be vigilant, we probably missed? I don't care if I know about 9 out of every 10; it's that one that would make such a video tour valuable.
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
So would PG Music consider making a video to highlight quickly the main features that have been recently updated that, despite our best attempt to be vigilant, we probably missed? I don't care if I know about 9 out of every 10; it's that one that would make such a video tour valuable.

That idea definitely carries significant merit. I often find myself in the same situation, where I have missed a change or how the implementation of a new feature might have affected my workflow.

Yes, a video highlighting changes would be extremely beneficial.

Definitely +1
Agree!
Isn't that what the annual "New Features" video does; list and demonstrate the new features? How can PG Music anticipate what veteran users do, or do not, know?
I have found that the New Features videos cover, well, new features. This request is more about updated old features that escaped attention. I think there is a difference.
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley

That idea definitely carries significant merit. I often find myself in the same situation, where I have missed a change or how the implementation of a new feature might have affected my workflow.

Yes, a video highlighting changes would be extremely beneficial.

Definitely +1

I hope you guys have a good sense of humor. wink
No intent to embarrass anyone but here's screen shots from the 2019 BIAB new features video.... FYI, 2020 also lists some upgrades as new features....

Attached picture 1 Capture.JPG
Attached picture 2 Capture.JPG
That's a good find. I sure missed it before.
© PG Music Forums