PG Music Home
A user asked how to use the punch-in feature in Band-in-a-Box while recording audio, so I made this video:

https://youtu.be/C3wJ7IPRZAg
Glad to see some of these features highlighted. Thanks for posting and demonstrating this skill can be mastered in less than 4 minutes.
Wow! I was starting over. Thanks for creating this video.

...Deb
Originally Posted By: DSM
Wow! I was starting over. Thanks for creating this video.

...Deb

Using Punch in not only eliminates the need to start over from beginning, but you can also create a comp recording. For instance, use this feature to record a vocal line by line or play a difficult lead guitar part. I personally prefer to record the entire song and then go back and correct mistakes but there are artists that meticulously record line by line, perfecting as they go. It's a preference that's available in BIAB if someone prefers or wants to experiment with the method.

Not mentioned in the video but you can also overdub recorded audio allowing you to create harmonies, vocal doubles, add your own ooh's and aah's and you can also punch in over existing recorded audio.
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
snip ... Not mentioned in the video but you can also overdub recorded audio allowing you to create harmonies, vocal doubles, add your own ooh's and aah's and you can also punch in over existing recorded audio.

Perhaps Tobin will create another short video demonstrating how to create audio that has sound with sound. I can imagine how users could use that capability to create doubled guitar parts, split the piano keyboard into left hand \ right hand performances, combine multiple saxophone performances into one and so on.
Wow!!
I had no idea this capability existed
© PG Music Forums