PG Music Home
This is the objective of this course.

I think PG-Music needs to have an over view course web page for absolute beginners on this topic "making the melody track such that it does not turn people new to BIAB off".

Maybe this is the way to get that course I am talking about. I googled these two search strings
....#1 "how to make the band in a box midi melody tracks sound better"
....#2 "how to make the notation I enter into the band in a box midi melody track sound better".

The above and other related wish list details are in this thread.
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=603048&page=1
+1.

I should note that PG Music has two midi tutorial articles +++ HERE +++ and +++ HERE +++ but I agree a video about how to set up a soft synth that is not GM compatible would be very useful.

There are a few excellent "introduction to midi" videos on YouTube but they are not orientated to Band-in-a-Box.
I started the course outline (click here to see it). There is a paragraph that introduces it on the detail thread.
+1

1. Midi Styles vs/ Real Styles How are they different, How are they alike.
What must I be aware of when mixing and matching

2. Midi Tracks vs Real Tracks. Same as #1 above.

3. Using 3rd party libraries (Kontakt, Ez Drummer) inside BIAB

4. Using 3rd party midi tools (EzDrummer, ExKeys, JamStix) to"improve" biab tracks your DAW.
Especially interested in this topic. Perhaps limit it to RealBand.
In an earlier post I linked to some PG Music midi tutorials.

While they are not specific to PG Music, Band-in-a-Box or RealBand, +++ THIS POST +++ has links to a eight part video series that provides a comprehensive guide to using midi.

If nothing else, the first video provides an overview that is invaluable.
© PG Music Forums