PG Music Home
Shots, holds, rests, pushes explained in detail with examples on actual song, not just few random chords. Meaning, the usage of above on a complete sample song that has verse, chorus, intro outro, ending parts. Showing not only the function, but actual artistic /composition strength of these features.

P.S. I am ok with using these features, but would be very interested in watching and learning of new ways.

I watched a few videos, but they are very "dry"-manual like. Some of them (like chord entering tutorial) does not even have audio examples. I believe this requested video could be a very good educational extension to "chord entering" tutorial.

Thank you for considering it.
Here ya go:

https://youtu.be/EENi-1DAkJQ

BTW: In all my tutorials I use real examples. I made them because I too was like you and wanted to see how these things fit into an actual song.

Henry
Henry,
good video tutorial, thank you for sharing! Almost there. Missing Pushes smile

The holds, shots and rests I am comfortable with, I wanted to see how people use pushes effectively. Since pushes are directly related to these "Chord options". I think it is still a good idea to have them all (rests, holds, shots, pushes) in one video. Not specifically for me, but as tutorial that covers them all in one place. Next project? smile

PS. I did get something new from your vid that I have not used before. I usually type out rests, holds etc with chords: E7..dp etc. It seems it would be easier to do the way you showed, through Chord menu, if a bar has a few twists. If it needs adjustments, your method is faster than re-typing all.
Hi, Good suggestion. I may create one in the near term. I actually used "pushes" in my cover "Hello It's Me". If you check it out you will hear the 1/16th note chord pushes between versus. Thanks again for the suggestion. Tutorials are kinda tuff. So much to try to cover and you don't want them to be too long :-)
I remembered your post, so I came back here to point you to Henry's post in Tips n Tricks but Henry has got it.
© PG Music Forums