PG Music Home
My Roland now connects into the line-in of my Mac and was hoping I could hear my keyboard that way as I play, while running & hearing the RTs of BBox, but without BBox needing to be in record mode.

A video of how to pull this off (on a MAC!!) would be greatly appreciated.... that is to say, if it's even possible in the first place confused
This is currently not possible with Band-in-a-Box, as there is no input monitoring function outside of record mode.

A few workarounds exist though - one, use a Mixer to connect the Mac and the Roland, and mix them together. Two, use an Audio Interface with a direct monitor function. Three, use a piece of software that can route the input to the output, such as Audio Hijack.
Originally Posted By: Simon - PG Music
This is currently not possible with Band-in-a-Box, as there is no input monitoring function outside of record mode.
Ah... thanks for the confirmation at least.
And since making this thread I've already been informed about and started using that "third" workaround, btw, so it's all fine.

An internal solution wouldn't be a bad idea for some future release, though, just a suggestion.
Originally Posted By: Icelander
An internal solution wouldn't be a bad idea for some future release, though, just a suggestion.

It's a feature I'd like to see as well. I've mentioned it to our development team to see what they can do - no promises though!
Originally Posted By: Simon - PG Music
I've mentioned it to our development team to see what they can do - no promises though!
And that remark alone tells me you must be new around here wink

But I appreciate the moral support cool
© PG Music Forums