PG Music Home
Hi!

I've searched in the forum and on Youtube, but I didn't find much information about how to edit bass tabs (respectively guitar tabs).

In particular, I'd like to know things like:

• How to enter new notes as a number of the bass tab?
  • How to change an already existing note via bass tab?
  • How to change just the number of a tab without changing the note (e.g.: I want the same C to be shown as a 3 on the A-string instead of an 8 on the E-string - or vice versa)?

I've already figured out a couple of such things (e.g. entering notes by clicking on the fretboard), but I think that my knowledge about editing tabs is still quite incomplete and that I might not be able to find the most efficient method for what I need to do in a specific case. So maybe PG could make a systematic video tutorial about that?
The video would be very short I think, because editing the tabs themselves is not possible, nor is entering notes via the tabs, at least I haven't found a way to do that yet. But it would be a great option, especially for double bass tabs, which use by their nature quite different positions then electric bass tabs.
Brille, if you click on the BiaB fretboard while in note editing mode, BiaB puts that fret number into the written tab.

I just thought there would exist more options, but maybe I just appreciate that at least this is possible laugh
Move2Groove,
Well, that's not really editing the tabs themselves, of course :-) It's basically more complicated because you have to move around in two windows (Fretboard and Notation View) and also move the position marker for each new note.
And there is a second unpleasant effect: Band in a Box arbitrarily changes the position of the notes in the tabs. An "A" that was just set to 2nd fret on G-string suddenly moves to the 7th fret on the D-string without any logic.

At least I guess, we better should move this topic to the wish list – it would be great to have possibilities and more options to directly edit the tabs.
Hey Brille,

yeah you're right - I'll post it in the wishlist.
Brille,

I've just posted the request:
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=677626&#Post677626
© PG Music Forums