PG Music Home
Posted By: Gordon Scott Creditting PGM or musicians - 05/16/23 12:00 PM
This should possibly be a FAQ

Originally Posted By: PeterGannon

In regards to your question..

>> I was wondering what is the best way to credit the tracks? A thanks to PG Music?

As you likely know, no credit or mention is required, but we are of course happy to see any kind of mention that you think appropriate. Likely a mention of Band-in-a-Box or RealTracks would be most recognizable to customers.
Something like "Band-in-a-Box RealTracks used for some instruments"

As mentioned elsewhere, please don't credit the RealTracks artists by name, as they didn't play directly on your CD.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Creditting PGM or musicians - 05/16/23 03:41 PM
+1.
Posted By: rayc Re: Creditting PGM or musicians - 05/19/23 04:56 AM
Yes, an FAQ, a STICKY and a banner above every page until it sinks in & then continue as new users will need to know.
Crediting is important to me because I don't want it assumed that I did the work.
I give credit to Bandhi Nahbox as the performer for any BIAB tracks in my songs & songs in videos too.
It's silly but when I listed Drums, Lead Guitar, Organ & Gospel Vocals to Bandhi the guitar, bass, vocals to myself in my most recent song. I'm sure anyone who read, will read, it should suss out I'm not doing it all.
Posted By: mrgeeze Re: Creditting PGM or musicians - 05/30/23 01:52 PM
Originally Posted By: rayc
Yes, an FAQ, a STICKY and a banner above every page until it sinks in & then continue as new users will need to know.
Crediting is important to me because I don't want it assumed that I did the work.
I give credit to Bandhi Nahbox as the performer for any BIAB tracks in my songs & songs in videos too.
It's silly but when I listed Drums, Lead Guitar, Organ & Gospel Vocals to Bandhi the guitar, bass, vocals to myself in my most recent song. I'm sure anyone who read, will read, it should suss out I'm not doing it all.

Great idea. Ban Dinabox may be my guy.

A fair amount of people ask me at gigs about my backing tracks.
Mostly musicians.
I'm quick to cite BIAB as the heart of my arrangements.
From there I tell them how I combine BIAB and a DAW to build my performance tracks.
That usually glasses over their eyes and they go away.

I did create a CD using nothing but BIAB , Logic Pro, my guitar and a $100 direct box.

https://soundcloud.com/bob-bauer-608449014/sets/nigels-blue

I'm guessing many forum members have done similar.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Creditting PGM or musicians - 05/30/23 05:00 PM
Ban Dinabox has been playing for me for thirty years. Not only is he quite accomplished, but he gets more proficient every year. He also works cheap.
Posted By: mrgeeze Re: Creditting PGM or musicians - 05/31/23 05:09 PM
$300 bucks a year for a band that shows up on time, always plays in tune, at tempo, never misses the changes, and doesn't hit on you wife/girlfriend is indeed hard to beat.

If only it could carry the PA.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Creditting PGM or musicians - 07/12/23 08:17 PM
Originally Posted By: mrgeeze
$300 bucks a year for a band that shows up on time, always plays in tune, at tempo, never misses the changes, and doesn't hit on you wife/girlfriend is indeed hard to beat.

If only it could carry the PA.

The only problem is when I get drunk the whole band gets drunk grin grin grin grin grin grin
© PG Music Forums