PG Music Home
I'm experiencing a synchronization problem with the Plugin (build 5.1.25).

Whether or not synchronized with the DAW (with the "Sync to Host" button) playback in the plugin systematically goes behind by 2 full bars.

For example, if I set Studio One playback pointer to bar 10, the plugin will move to bar 8 and will start playing from there.

This happens in Cubase 12, Studio One 6 and Samplitude 7 with any song, including with a completely empty song.

What could be causing this problem and how can I fix it?

I did a factory reset of Bb and tried to change all the possibly related parameters but that did not produce any results.

Thanks in advance!
My guess is the plugin is not including the first two bars since Band-in-a-Box always allows two bars of time for the count-in.

Some DAWs have the ability to set the location of bar 1 for a song project. When using the plugin try setting the bar line for two empty bars prior to bar 1.
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
My guess is the plugin is not including the first two bars since Band-in-a-Box always allows two bars of time for the count-in.

Some DAWs have the ability to set the location of bar 1 for a song project. When using the plugin try setting the bar line for two empty bars prior to bar 1.

Thank you Jim,

To be honest, I've recently discovered that feature in Studio One. Entering a "-2" value in the bar offset dialog box seems to work just fine. See Studio_One_1st_Bar_Offset

As the Daw plugin seems to be aware on the type of DAW it is running (and even offers a special dialog box in the DAW preferences to specify it), it would be nice if it would automatically take the 2 bars problem into account for each DAW... See: Bb_DAW_Awareness
Melody_Maker,

I'm glad you found the start bar at setting for Studio One and you found my suggestion useful.

Quote:
As the Daw plugin seems to be aware on the type of DAW it is running (and even offers a special dialog box in the DAW preferences to specify it), it would be nice if it would automatically take the 2 bars problem into account for each DAW.
Nice idea. I would create a new thread about the idea in the +++ Band-in-a-Box Wishlist +++ forum section. There's a better chance PG Music will see your idea and a post specific to the idea will provide other forum members the opportunity to discuss and support your idea.
Hi,

I had the same syncing issue with the two bar offset.
This thread has some feedback on the problem.

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=99314&Number=748718#Post748718

PGMusic sent me the beta DAW Plugin V5.1.4 which fixed the issues, all running good now.
If you ask PGMusic it would be worth trying the V5.1.4

Brian
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Melody_Maker,

I'm glad you found the start bar at setting for Studio One and you found my suggestion useful.

Quote:
As the Daw plugin seems to be aware on the type of DAW it is running (and even offers a special dialog box in the DAW preferences to specify it), it would be nice if it would automatically take the 2 bars problem into account for each DAW.
Nice idea. I would create a new thread about the idea in the +++ Band-in-a-Box Wishlist +++ forum section. There's a better chance PG Music will see your idea and a post specific to the idea will provide other forum members the opportunity to discuss and support your idea.

Thanks again Jim.

It would indeed be a waste not to use this fantastic plugin because of this bug, which I'm sure won't resist the developers' perspicacity for long cool
Originally Posted By: Brian Cadoret
Hi,

I had the same syncing issue with the two bar offset.
This thread has some feedback on the problem.

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=99314&Number=748718#Post748718

PGMusic sent me the beta DAW Plugin V5.1.4 which fixed the issues, all running good now.
If you ask PGMusic it would be worth trying the V5.1.4

Brian

Thank you, Brian, glad to know I'm not alone. I've gone through the link you provided. Today, march 9, PGMusic has released a new version of the plugin (v5.1.25) which unfortunately has the same shortcoming at least on my system. I guess we will have to wait for a future release, hopefully.
Hi,
Have you tried adjusting the BBPlugin Sync bar offset which might help.
I would still ask PGMusic for the V5.1.4 worth a try.

Brian

Attached picture Sync.JPG
Originally Posted By: Brian Cadoret
Hi,
Have you tried adjusting the BBPlugin Sync bar offset which might help.
I would still ask PGMusic for the V5.1.4 worth a try.

Brian

Great suggestion Brian!

I had no idea that a "Bar Offset" synchronization option was included in the plugin's interface. It is not so noticeable, by the way.

For some reason though, I had to set the offset to -1 to finally get the sync working normally.

Fun fact: after reading your message, I've have prepared a screen shot very similar to yours indicating where this option is available: Bb_DAW_Plugin_Sync_Options_Bar_Offset That' what I call team work wink

My first tests are conclusive. If any other problems arise I will come back here.

Thank you again for taking the time to look into this.
After performing more tests, I finally realize that in practice the synchronization is not at all reliable since it moves forward or backward by one or more bars during the work, without any apparent reason.

This complicates the regeneration of a selection of measurements since it is impossible to predict on which bars exactly the regeneration will take place.

The plugin is not yet mature enough to be useful for professional use on my side.

For the moment I will just keep working from the desktop application and continue to drag and drop to Studio One or Cubase the files I generate as I have been doing so far.

@Jim Fogle : So, Jim, yes, I guess it's a very good idea to bring this to the attention of developers.

I'm still open to providing any additional information if needed.
Thanks for the feedback Melody_Maker! I can confirm this bug and have fixed it for the next build. When it becomes available, please test it and report back if you're still experiencing any issues.
Originally Posted By: Adar - PG Music
Thanks for the feedback Melody_Maker! I can confirm this bug and have fixed it for the next build. When it becomes available, please test it and report back if you're still experiencing any issues.

Great to read that Adar! Thank you for your support.
I stay tuned for the next release then.

Best
Bob
© PG Music Forums