PG Music Home
Posted By: Nofallo VST plug-in not available for 32 bit OS - 12/27/18 04:58 AM
I specifically asked support if it worked in both 32 and 64 bit OS. Was told yes. No option to install comes up for the VST. I attempted to clarify this twice. The only reason I upgraded was for the apparently unavailable VST. NOT HAPPY.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: VST plug-in not available for 32 bit OS - 12/27/18 05:58 AM
Hi Nofallo,

I can hear your frustration.

While I can't speak PG Music staff, it sounds like they might have mis-heard your question. The BIAB 2019 program comes in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. The VST, however, is only 64-bit.

Just in case you're not aware of this, PG Music do offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. If the program doesn't do what you want it to, ask for a refund.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Pipeline Re: VST plug-in not available for 32 bit OS - 12/27/18 10:20 AM
I think you will see a 32bit vst as bbw4.exe that the 64bit vst connects to is only 32bit
so there will be a 32 bit vst as well as a 64bit bbw5.exe
so the 32bit vst will connect to the 32bit bbw4.exe
and the 64bit vst will then connect to the 64bit bbw5.exe
Posted By: Nofallo Re: VST plug-in not available for 32 bit OS - 12/27/18 11:08 AM
I asked specifically once on the phone, once in the online chat and once in email if the VST worked in both versions. Twice I was told it did. Online chat said “it should” to which I replied “yes, but does it?” ASIO in the standalone also crashes the program every time I attempted to enable. Worked fine in BB2016.
Posted By: Nofallo Re: VST plug-in not available for 32 bit OS - 12/27/18 11:34 AM
There is NO VST INSTALL option in setup for the 32 bit OS. I’m getting a refund and hopefully going back smoothly to my previous 2016 install.
We have a 32 bit VST2 version of the plugin scheduled for pre-release on Monday (dec 31). That would mean it would be released around Wed. Jan 2. We also plan a 32 bit version of the standalone.exe program (that works like the plugin, but is an EXE)
Nearly there.

Be worth the wait, even if it takes a tad longer.
© PG Music Forums