PG Music Home
Posted By: Rob Helms question?!?!?!?? - 12/29/18 08:56 PM
when the plugin is open and you click file and preferences what does "clear renders" and "keep bbw open" mean?
Posted By: Brian Hughes Re: question?!?!?!?? - 12/29/18 09:21 PM
The Clear Renders is supposed to delete the rendered files in the BBPlugin\SavedTracks folders. When the app creates to tracks it stores them in this location in folders. Once you drag them into your tracks in your DAW and save them inside of your DAW it is safe to delete them. This folder can build up with a lot of files if you keep rendering tracks and more songs.

By the way, in Studio One if you cannot listen to the tracks in the app, you might need to go to the options menu and under audio tab make sure release audio in the background is selected.

The other button called keep BBW open I have not messed with that one.

Brian
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: question?!?!?!?? - 12/29/18 09:27 PM
awesome thanks Brian
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: question?!?!?!?? - 12/29/18 09:54 PM
So me. Brian, first off thanks for the tip my audio is working now in S1 4your a Studio One 4 user. I own Studio One 2.65 and have S1 4 as a demo. I also have Cakewalk by Bandlab downloaded. I am deciding whether to buy Version 4 or try bandlab which is sort of free. I prefer studio one, but could save $150. What is your thought on Version 4 upgrade.

I will say Bandlab is not working as well as studio one for me with the plugin.
Posted By: Brian Hughes Re: question?!?!?!?? - 12/29/18 10:29 PM
Originally Posted By: RobH
So me. Brian, first off thanks for the tip my audio is working now in S1 4your a Studio One 4 user. I own Studio One 2.65 and have S1 4 as a demo. I also have Cakewalk by Bandlab downloaded. I am deciding whether to buy Version 4 or try bandlab which is sort of free. I prefer studio one, but could save $150. What is your thought on Version 4 upgrade.

I will say Bandlab is not working as well as studio one for me with the plugin.

Rob I started with Cakewalk back in the 90's and Midi sequencer stuff before that. I had the lifetime Sonar X3 upgrade and I really did like Sonar. I also own Reaper and others. I bought Studio One Pro 2 and I really fell in love with it. Studio One Pro 4 is very powerful and very simple to use. Most of the stuff is Drag and Drop. The Chord track is way cool and powerful and fast. The Arranger track makes rearranging a song a breeze. Also Presonus and Celemony are the developers of ARA which is now included in Sonar, Reaper, and others. All I can say really is download the Demo and try it out. DAW's are a personal thing really and it all depends on your workflow and of course your budget. Bandlab is free and it is a great program. I used it for many years.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: question?!?!?!?? - 12/29/18 11:45 PM
Originally Posted By: RobH
....what does "keep bbw open" mean?

I would think it would close bbw4.exe that runs in the background generating up the tracks.
Posted By: Adar - PG Music Re: question?!?!?!?? - 12/31/18 12:33 AM
The option in the plugin preferences to "Keep BBW Open" is used to keep bbw4.exe running the entire time that the plugin is being used. By default, this setting is turned off which means that each time a user opens a BBW Picker (ie: Style picker, RT picker, etc.) bbw4.exe is closed and then reopened. This mainly helps with ensuring that the picker window is on top of all other windows but if a user finds that it takes a long time and the boot up times are not optimal then it can be improved by turning on this setting. This option however does not effect actual render times in the plugin.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: question?!?!?!?? - 12/31/18 01:04 AM
Cool thanks
© PG Music Forums