PG Music Home
Posted By: kajito BB VST plug-in problem in Reason 10.2 - 01/07/19 11:04 AM
Hi,

I'm having a problem with Band in a box 2019 VST plugin inside my DAW which is Propellerhead Reason 10.2 When I click on the VST plugin inside my DAW and press the "select button" and then select a realtrack from the list and hit ok it does not open the desired realtrack inside the plugin but when I select midi it opens inside the plugin without a problem. I'm also unable to open a realtrack when selecting multiriff. However, when I click on "select a style" button inside the plugin I'm able to open the realtrack without a problem so that works fine. It's only when I click on the "select" button inside the VST plugin that I am unable to open any realtracks. I hope there's a fix for this since the plugin was the main reason for purchasing this upgrade.
First, download the Build 611 update patch, which will install the latest update for the plugin. (1.9.19). Go to File | Prefs in the plugin and click the About button to confirm that it's 1.9.19.

Also, while you're in the Preferences dialog, make sure your folder paths are correct. They should be the color blue - if they are red or yellow that might indicate that you're paths are not set correctly.

When you click on Select --> RealTracks (in the Band-in-a-Box plugin), this should open the RealTracks Picker. Choose a RealTracks instrument that is available (not N/A) - select it and press OK to close the RealTracks Picker.

In the main plugin window, press Generate. When it's complete, does it have a little green box with a waveform icon?

You should be able to add that track to the Sequencer window in Reason. Ideally you could just drag-n-drop it onto an Audio track in the Sequencer, however we've noticed (at least on some systems) that Reason does not always except a drag n drop from a plugin.... we are looking into this currently. To work around this issue right now, start the drag-n-drop, except instead of releasing the mouse button over the Sequencer, just release over the Band-in-a-Box plugin window. Reason should create new Audio tracks as required.

© PG Music Forums