PG Music Home
Posted By: silvertones A different use for the plugin sorta - 01/09/19 09:17 PM
For the keyboarard players.
I have the paid version of Cantabile. The VSTi loads right up and generates pretty quickly. Now hit play and you're band is with you and you play your keys all through Cantabile. You save the whole setup as a song. Cantabile is a dedicated VSTi/DXi Host and does it very well.It's not a DAW persay.
Posted By: Will Josef Re: A different use for the plugin sorta - 01/26/19 05:42 AM
Hi John,

Fist time I hear about Cantabile. Sounds pretty interesting.

As I understand it you are able to play different virtual instruments via Cantabile in a live setup. But how do they sync together? Say I am playing a backing track from the BiaB vst at 120 bpm and want to play a sequence from a vst synth via the keyboard - will Cantabile take care of the tempo sync?

Will
Posted By: silvertones Re: A different use for the plugin sorta - 01/26/19 01:36 PM
I believe so. Cantabile is awesome but complex.
Posted By: silvertones Re: A different use for the plugin sorta - 01/26/19 01:41 PM
assuming the sync gets fixed in the BIAB VSTi
Posted By: silvertones Re: A different use for the plugin sorta - 01/26/19 01:42 PM
In Cantabile you build racks with your VSTi/DXi synths, configure them,etc. and then save the setup with a song name. If your in a band just load the song and boom your keys are aLL SET.
© PG Music Forums