PG Music Home
Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin 1.9.28. tried working with it. It still seems rather slow in rendering, more than 8 minutes for a 4 tracks RT file. But it works in Cubase 10 now ! Stays on top ...

Q1 isn't it using the BIAB rendering engine?; latter is sooo much faster.

Q2 The dragged audio out has very low levels, is there a way to correct this before export?

Q3 Where can you see the version number in the plugin & standalone.?

Yes but I think it has using been using the Drag n Drop render for each track, though now it should be moving the the Audio > Export Song As Audio file..
This will also give an option to Normalize and Acidize as well as Set Mix to Flat Dry and Center, the midi is instant via drag n drop so that method may still be used for midi/realcharts/drumcharts.
Hover over the file or right click properties > details
See speed of Audio render to current drag drop render method in pic below:

Full Screen

Attached picture BBvst-Standalone-version.png
Attached File
BB-BBvst-speed.gif  (111 downloads)
Ah, your my Savior on this one ...

Quote: though now it should be moving the the Audio > Export Song As Audio file..

Re renders the lot again .... too much timely affair if you want to work fast.

Select individual tracks, no normalize options, and here we go again 4 minutes ...
You'll easily spend half an hour on just one song using BIAB this way working on one track.
Too much for my patience, and absolutely kills my creativity sick .... (i was using the plugin version in Cubase).
Fiddler, if your seeing 8 minutes and 4 minutes for a individual track there might be something on your end that is holding things up. Maybe some optimizations or something dragging. I am getting 3 to 5 minute generates and about 1 minute or less for an individual track.
Still, without leveling and normalizing options, and the long rendering times the 1.9.28. VST is quite a mile or 2 off compared to BIAB itself ... although a tested mixdown was plm -3.5 dB peaking, OK for a pre master mix for external processing.
The mixed master track was a chaos of out of sync tracks, but maybe i am doing something wrong .....
For now: NO MORE UPDATES please until the VST basics are fixed; NORMALIZE the exports please .....

Levels of the exported files is about -12bB too low IMO: See a screenshot from PG's own demo smirk :

Attached picture BIAB plugin drag levels.jpg
Remember comparing VSTI3 times to BiaB Times is not apples to oranges. BiaB the program starts playing before the render is completed, but the VSTi is completing to wav file for drag and drop
© PG Music Forums