PG Music Home
After installing the latest update 612 I loaded a previous song I was messing about with in Cubase 10 only to find the BIAB VST wasn't showing, so I tried everything I could think of, VST manager etc etc but nothing, so over to Cakewalk by Bandlab and everythings fine there, working perfectly.

I uninstalled 612 to reinstall 611 which worked, sadly after installing 612 I deleted 611 and its no longer available to download, so I reinstalled the whole 2019 package again and hey presto its back in Cubase, so I reinstalled 612 and its gone again from Cubase!!

Any ideas anyone?, the white flag is flying lol......

I have posted this in the VST section but that seems to attract less traffic.

Keith

611 is still there:

https://nn.pgmusic.com/pgfiles/support/patches/bb2019_update_build611.exe
I only get the FX plugin in Cubase 9LE

Band-in-a-Box DAW VST Plugin.dll
Band-in-a-Box DAW VST FX Plugin.dll

Band-in-a-Box DAW VST3 Plugin.vst3
Band-in-a-Box DAW VST3 FX Plugin.vst3

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=515375#Post515375
The solution is to delete the FX version of the plugin from C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 - leave the instrument version there. Cubase only recognizes one or the other but not both it seems, and we recommend using the VST3 instrument.
Thanks Mike, not sure how I missed that 611 was still available, anyway I think I'll stick with 612 for now and use Cakewalk for thr DAW VST, hopefully it will get sorted soon.

Cheers, Keith
Solved! just deleted the FX version and its back!!

Thanks Andrew
Originally Posted By: Andrew - PG Music
The solution is to delete the FX version of the plugin from C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 - leave the instrument version there. Cubase only recognizes one or the other but not both it seems, and we recommend using the VST3 instrument.

I deleted it then when I opened Audition it was missing.
I put it in a sub folder "Biab Plugin" in the vstplugins folder then it loaded, though I did rename it.

Attached picture BBvstI-Cubase.png
I renamed it in the same folder and it worked also,
but the VST3 don't work by renaming, so I would say it's something simple that needs doing to differentiate the two.
With Cubase, if it shows in the VST instrument column alright, and does't appear on your delectable VST instrument list on the right like pictured above, drag it there.
Is there going to be another update for the vsti ?.
Yes in fact I would expect more than one
© PG Music Forums