PG Music Home
I tested the stand-alone VST with a song that previously took more than 6 minutes to render and now it renders in...37 seconds!!! I then added multiriffs for the entire song and those 7 tracks rendered in 1-1/2 minutes. Again a HUGE improvement!

I just wanted to congratulate PGM on their efforts and success in fixing this plugin!

And I want to also thank Pipeline as well as others in this forum for tirelessly alpha/beta testing this over the past 7 weeks to help get us all to this point.

I know there is more work to be done but at least for now we have a tool that improves workflow. For me it means using BIAB as I always have but then opening my songs in the stand-alone and generating multiriffs for key tracks and then mixing all exported tracks in my DAW. And if I am unable to use the rendered multiriffs I know I can pop into the stand-alone and generate 7 more in less than a couple of minutes!
How do you get the stand alone ?.

Where is it.
Hi
The stand alone can be found at C bb / plugins / files / Band In A Box daw plugin standalone exe.
Assuming you are installed to C just make a short cut.

Very handy for making a quick render of a track or two to the desktop, or any windows file explorer location.
Also good for making a stand alone midi file of say a midi melody track for import into other daws
Mike
Thanks Mike will do.
Major improvement but I was wondering, bbw4.exe is still a 32bit program running in the background.

Didn't PG Music say they would be redoing it as a full 64bit program?
I suppose they want to get all the bugs sorted and improvements made first then Compile > 64bit so the 32bit Plugin version will use bbw4 32bit and the 64bit Plugin version will use bbw5 64bit.
Band-in-a-Box desktop version comes as two versions,
- 64 bit version, program name is bbw64.exe. That’s a full 64 bit version, separate from the 32 bit one. It can only link to 64 bit plugins and synths etc. and can use more than 2GB of memory.
- 32 bit version, program name is bbw.exe (same idea as above, but 32 bit only)

You can choose which one to run, they have very similar features. If you’re on a 64 bit OS, you’d likely want to run the 64 bit version,

Then there is a new VST plugin. The plugin comes in various formats, but the main one we recommend is the 64 bit VST3 instrument plugin. The plugin uses a biab engine running in background that is 32bit. We will switch that to 64bit later this year, but there is little consequence to that as it is mostly just a background process.
© PG Music Forums