PG Music Home
Posted By: DawWiz VST problems in Bitwig Daw - 02/05/19 12:50 PM
I just purchased the biab 2019 yesterday mainly due to my excitement and great expectations using in Bitwig and Protools.

I am very disappointed. This VST is not even functional, leave alone getting frustrated trying to work with it.

My only question to BIAB folks is "WHEN ARE YOU FIXING IT" ?s

frown
Posted By: Mike Head Re: VST problems in Bitwig Daw - 02/05/19 01:48 PM
HI

Have you seen the Video on using in Pro tools,
second item down at top of this page.
Mike
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: VST problems in Bitwig Daw - 02/05/19 01:51 PM
Greetings DawWiz and welcome to the forum,

Will you provide more details? Hopefully we will be able to help!

What is your computer operating system? What version of Bitwig are you using? What version of ProTools are you using?

The plugin has been under constant development since its December release. The latest version is V1.10.4 which is available +++ HERE +++

I'm looking forward to your replay.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: VST problems in Bitwig Daw - 02/05/19 02:30 PM
More info please also tell us which version of the plug (preference/ about) and which actual plugin VSTi2, VSTI3 or VstFx?

Most importantly what does it not do? Hard to help with out this stuff
Posted By: DawWiz Re: VST problems in Bitwig Daw - 02/05/19 04:37 PM
Originally Posted By: Mike Head
HI

Have you seen the Video on using in Pro tools,
second item down at top of this page.
Mike

Thanks Mike. Yes I have seen it. Nothing different than what I use over the many years of my using Pro tools and other Daws too.

In any case, it was the drag and drop ease of use from BIAB VST to Pro tools and other Daws that triggered me to purchase the 2019 version.
Posted By: DawWiz Re: VST problems in Bitwig Daw - 02/05/19 05:00 PM
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle

What is your computer operating system? What version of Bitwig are you using? What version of ProTools are you using?

The plugin has been under constant development since its December release. The latest version is V1.10.4 which is available +++ HERE +++

Hi Jim, thanks for your response.

I am using win10 pro on an asus zenbook, 8th gen core i7, 16 GB ram.

Biab is 2019 build 614 (noticed a new build 617 today)
Pro tools is 12.5
Bitwig is v2.2

Questions:

1. Is the update supposed to be done by downloading the 760MB Band in a box exe or just the VST executable file download ?

Thanks
Posted By: DawWiz Re: VST problems in Bitwig Daw - 02/05/19 05:47 PM

Hi Jim, thanks for reponse.

I Sent reply earlier, not sure what happened to it...anyways, here it is:

Details are:
win10 Pro, asus zenbook, internal 512gb SSD, external 1 TB SSD Samsung T5, 8th gen i7, quad core cpu, 16gb ram, pro tools 12.5, bitwig 2.2

Biab 2019 614 (I just saw 617 available that incl 1.11.11 vst). Hope that will fix. Pls advise..thnx.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: VST problems in Bitwig Daw - 02/05/19 07:59 PM
There's a new 1.11.11 out now.
They are doing constant updates with fixes and features added.
Just hang in there and you won't be disappointed.
You can also drag the files from C:\bb\BBPlugin\SavedTracks if you have issues.
There is also the Standalone version in C:\bb\BBPlugin\Files.
Posted By: DawWiz Re: VST problems in Bitwig Daw - 02/06/19 12:43 AM
Originally Posted By: Pipeline

I now have the 1.11.11 vst installed along with the build 617 update.
In Pro tools it only displays partial GUI and also freezes.

I had great hope for the 1.11.11 vst
Posted By: DawWiz Re: VST problems in Bitwig Daw - 02/06/19 12:46 AM
Originally Posted By: Pipeline

Unfortunately the new 1.11.11 vst displays on partial GUI in Pro tools and also freezes !
Posted By: DawWiz Re: VST problems in Bitwig Daw - 02/06/19 12:25 PM

Hi Jim, I tried the update to 1.10.4 i.e. 1.11.11
Still having problems. It freezes with a runtime error in Pro Tools an also display only partial GUI of the VST.
Posted By: DawWiz Re: VST problems in Bitwig Daw - 02/06/19 12:34 PM
Originally Posted By: RobH
More info please also tell us which version of the plug (preference/ about) and which actual plugin VSTi2, VSTI3 or VstFx?

Well there are a whole bunch of different issues. In pro tools, the GUI only gets displayed partially and I get a Runtime Error. This is with ver 1.11.11 of the vst. With the earlier version, vst was freezing as soon as you start it.

My environment is:
win10 Pro ver 1803, 16gb ram, 512 SSD, Asus zenbook, intel 8th gen quad core i7, biab 2019 pro
Posted By: DawWiz Re: VST problems in Bitwig Daw - 02/07/19 03:11 AM
Originally Posted By: DawWiz
Originally Posted By: RobH

Well there are a whole bunch of different issues. In pro tools, the GUI only gets displayed partially and I get a Runtime Error. This is with ver 1.11.11 of the vst. With the earlier version, vst was freezing as soon as you start it.

My environment is:
win10 Pro ver 1803, 16gb ram, 512 SSD, Asus zenbook, intel 8th gen quad core i7, biab 2019 pro

OK here are the specific error messages that are showing up. These are from the new updated vst 1.11.11 with build 617 update applied:

1. When running standalone version of vst 1.11.11
stream write error at: 0042505F appears few secs after generate button is clicked
when OK is clicked, it says "Band-in-a-Box - Application error" Exception error has occurred.

2. When running vst 1.11.11 in pro tools 12.5
stream write error at: 0042505F appears few secs after generate button is clicked

3. when OK is clicked, it says "Band-in-a-Box - Application error" Exception error has occurred

4. When running standalone version of vst 1.11.11
I/O error 112 at:00AA1DE4 came up when after few second after starting Generate.

It's not that I don't understand or that I am not aware of application programmer's tasks at hand and related technical issues and time involved for fixes. Being a seasoned IT professional myself, I very much understand and know the complexities involved.

However, my frustration is from receiving a commercially sold application for which I paid a price yet its in a state where there is clear evidence that it has either been released prematurely or that there has been a lack of thorough & adequate testing/debugging on it. The types of error messages mentioned above verify the state of the exe offered. And surprisingly too, the update as well is not a resolution.

Further, I believe this is a shame on the part of the vendor or quality control personnel to allow releasing such incomplete and failing software thereby possibly tarnishing the vendor's reputation.
© PG Music Forums