PG Music Home
Posted By: malevans Frustrating plugin - 02/09/19 09:18 AM
Sat down and had a long look at this. Both in Cubase 10 Pro and Studio One.

There are many hiccups and annoying problems still need ironing out which begs the question .... was this plugin released too soon?

I don't really want to get in to all of that though. My main use of this is to use the riffs in the daw. What really bugs me at present is that when I select a two, four or eight bar riff in the plugin it generates too many bars when I drag and drop into my song. I have done all checks, tempo bar numbers etc.

Anyone else have this problem and is there an answer?

Mal.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Frustrating plugin - 02/09/19 09:31 AM
Mal, Which build are you using?

Right now it is working very nicely in studio one for me, but I will say that the plugin, and Realband as well has never been stellar in creating super usable riffs. They are okay but I struggle to get what I want. I have to usually do a lot of comping. Especially the ending of the riff always seems rushed.

Also are you using 2 bar lead in if so I have to drag one bar late of the first bar I highlighted. Example if I highlight bars 17 thru 20 I drag to 18
Posted By: malevans Re: Frustrating plugin - 02/09/19 01:47 PM
I'm using latest build DAW and plugin.

I gave up on Studio One and preferred Cubase 10 Pro because of the extras it offers.

I am reasonably happy with exploring riffs and the abundance of them but getting what I asked for by highlighting which bars I would want a riff is not accurate at all. The process is worth the wait if it would work properly but it seldom seems to. Tried in RB but that's reverting back to 32 bit and bacwards tasking.

The concept is in it's infancy but a great idea.

Definately needs working on but a revolutionary tool for musicians.

Mal.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Frustrating plugin - 02/11/19 09:58 AM
32 bit in RB will still get you a riff.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Frustrating plugin - 02/11/19 10:26 AM
Mal I just did a test for an 8 bar milti riff in a test song using a file of the beatles "I saw her standing there" and I must admit it nailed the solo. I think it really matters that it is placed properly with the lead in feature.

I did notice that when I tried for a 4 bar solo it seemed to just cut off at the end and did not generate a useful riff, but when I regenerated at 8 bar magic! I actually got about three of the seven that were almost perfect and needed no comping.

that is another issue, are you trying to comp the riffs to get a real good one.
Posted By: malevans Re: Frustrating plugin - 02/12/19 01:12 PM
Yes, I keep comping but short riffs is a no-go. More satisfaction with long riffs but it is still in its infancy really. It could be a fantastic addition to music production. It is a feature that cut out a lot of hard work when producing tracks.

I'm definitely keeping my eyes on this one.

Mal.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Frustrating plugin - 02/12/19 02:45 PM
I agree
Posted By: Charlie Gannon Re: Frustrating plugin - 02/13/19 03:35 PM
Hi malevans,

When you select bars and generate a Multi-Riff, it actually gives you one bar of lead in/out...so starting/ending phrases don't get cut off. So the audio will actually be two bars longer than you expected. Hope this helps,

Charlie
Posted By: malevans Re: Frustrating plugin - 02/21/19 01:55 PM
Thank you Charlie.
Posted By: Sergino Re: Frustrating plugin - 02/23/19 01:37 PM
Originally Posted By: malevans
I'm using latest build DAW and plugin.

I gave up on Studio One and preferred Cubase 10 Pro because of the extras it offers.

Mal.

Hi Mal,
as a Studio One Pro user, I am interested in what Cubase offers more, could you explain?

As for if it has been launched too early, my answer is no, because since the first patchs, I have been using it professionally getting results I could not get with just Biab or Realband .
Now everything looks alright.
Ciao
Sergio
© PG Music Forums