PG Music Home
Posted By: beatmaster no playback - 02/09/19 05:05 PM
When I generate a song in the plug in, I press play and no sound.

I then go to the wee cog symbol and a box appears with midi and audio although nothing is in the audio box.

any help on this thanks
Posted By: Noel96 Re: no playback - 02/09/19 07:11 PM
beatmaster,

Check the preferences to make sure that they are pointing to the correct locations for RTs, RDs, etc.

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: beatmaster Re: no playback - 02/09/19 07:20 PM
Noel

I can drag them to the daw and they all play fine , I would just love to be able to try out, change key, tempo etc before dragging .

Also I can hear a preview when selecting a style double clicking on it.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: no playback - 02/09/19 09:35 PM
I see... I interpreted you post as meaning that nothing was generated. Thanks for the extra info.
Posted By: paulpaul Re: no playback - 02/10/19 12:43 AM
Originally Posted By: beatmaster
When I generate a song in the plug in, I press play and no sound.

I then go to the wee cog symbol and a box appears with midi and audio although nothing is in the audio box.

any help on this thanks

beatmaster.
i had same problem but realised i had to highlight the master track or individual track in the plugins left hand column for it to play,if there were no tracks highlighted it wouldnt play.
Posted By: beatmaster Re: no playback - 02/10/19 12:40 PM
Thanks Paul

Do you mean the wee square boxes are filled in as they do when you generate ?.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: no playback - 02/10/19 01:50 PM
PG Music maintains a webpage with some good information about the plugin.

With a plugin open, press "File" > "Preferences" > "Help" and the computer browser will open +++ THIS +++ PG Music plugin support webpage.

PG Music has been frequently updating the plugin support webpage so the information stays current.

Attached picture Clipboard02.jpg
Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Posted By: paulpaul Re: no playback - 02/10/19 01:51 PM
Originally Posted By: beatmaster
Thanks Paul

Do you mean the wee square boxes are filled in as they do when you generate ?.

the left hand track name column.

i found if any of the tracks that hadnt been generated in this case the tracks in the yellow highlighted box were not knowingly selected it wouldnt play.
i found i had to select a track that had generated (red highlighted box).

so in a nutshell i had to select either the master track name(left hand column) for the whole song to play or an individual track for single track to play.

if nothing was selected it wouldnt play.

obviously it might not be same problem for you but i thought i would mention it.

Attached picture plugin.jpg
Posted By: VRN Re: no playback - 02/10/19 03:02 PM
Hi Guys,

I seem to have the same problem in Ableton Live 9. Live plays fine itself. Biab Plugin generates tracks fine too and I can drag tracks and they will play in Live. But any playback or preview/demo from within the plugin is silent. I would be happy for some help.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: no playback - 02/10/19 09:30 PM
it is the same in Studio one. I can audition tracks and styles but there is no playback from either the master or the tracks
Posted By: Adar - PG Music Re: no playback - 02/13/19 09:08 PM
Hi beatmaster, getting playback from the plugin in a DAW often times has to do with DAW specific settings as well as settings in your audio devices. For instance, to get playback in Studio One, you need to open the Options dialog under the "Studio One" tab, select the "Audio Setup" tab and then the "Audio Device" tab under that, and then you can check the box that says "Release audio device in background". You should also open the Playback Devices dialog in Windows (this can be done by right-clicking the speaker icon on your task bar and selecting "Playback Devices"), navigate to the "Preferences" by right-clicking on the desired device, and under the "Advanced" tab, deselecting the option to "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device". Once you have done this you should be able to get playback from your plugin. Thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated!
Posted By: beatmaster Re: no playback - 02/14/19 03:30 AM
Thanks everyone

Not had a chance to try this, will be giving it a go tonight.
© PG Music Forums