PG Music Home
Posted By: nichollstj Can't find required folders - 02/12/19 08:37 PM
It seems that the plugin can no longer find the required folders ie. c:\bb, c:\bb\drums, c:\bb\realtracks. It won't even find them if I manually enter them.
The folders are there, they contain the right files. The plugin doesn't recognize them.
I noticed this with build 617.
I just installed build 619. Same problem.
First when I installed the 2019 version, at least the plugin worked and could find the paths.
Anyone else experience this?
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Can't find required folders - 02/12/19 09:13 PM
So far no folder issues. I would do a reinstall and carefully check the folder options
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Can't find required folders - 02/12/19 11:34 PM
Try entering the folder settings in both the Band-in-a-Box 32 bit and 64 bit programs, rebooting your computer and entering the settings into the 32 bit, 64 bit and standalone plugins you use.

Even though there shouldn't be interaction between the programs and the plugins it never hurts to act as though there is because they all access the same source material and that's what your having trouble accessing.
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: Can't find required folders - 02/13/19 01:35 AM
Quote:
It seems that the plugin can no longer find the required folders ie. c:\bb, c:\bb\drums, c:\bb\realtracks. It won't even find them if I manually enter them.
The folders are there, they contain the right files. The plugin doesn't recognize them.

Hi,

Can we see a screenshot of that happening? I don't know what the problem would be, but we might notice something in a screenshot...
Posted By: nichollstj Re: Can't find required folders - 02/13/19 06:45 AM
I decided to completely uninstall BIAB and install again but I get the same result. The files are obviously there since I can use the realtracks and realdrums in BIAB. The screenshots are from Reaper, but I get the same in the standalone version. Shot 3 is after I manually try to direct to the correct folders, but that doesn't work either.
Thanks for the help on this!

Attached picture Capture1.PNG
Attached picture Capture2.PNG
Attached picture Capture3.PNG
Attached picture Capture4.PNG
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Can't find required folders - 02/13/19 04:19 PM
You're missing the path setting for saved tracks. Use Windows to verify the path name and route then enter c:\bb\BBPlugin\Savedtracks and I bet it will work. Notice the BBPlugin folder name is singular,it doesn't have a "s".

The plugin doesn't want to work unless there is a location set for it to save whatever tracks it creates.
Posted By: nichollstj Re: Can't find required folders - 02/13/19 04:58 PM
You are absolutely correct Jim!
I don't know how I could have missed that but I did.
Thank you so much for solving that problem for me.
T
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: Can't find required folders - 02/13/19 04:58 PM
Thanks for the screenshots. Yes, as mentioned entering the SavedTracks path will fix it. It is strange though that it didn't do it automatically, we'll look into that.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Can't find required folders - 02/13/19 05:24 PM
I'm glad my advice helped get you sorted.

Nice that Andrew and PG Music are aware of the issue and developers can take steps to minimize the issue from happening to others.
Posted By: nichollstj Re: Can't find required folders - 02/14/19 05:25 AM
Yes, it probably would have been better to let one know which path was invalid instead of a blanket statement.
I'm sure I didn't notice it because it was the only option that wasn't autofilled.
Once again thanks.
Posted By: gruverider Re: Can't find required folders - 02/24/19 09:25 PM
I was having the same problem. So thanks for the topic and to Jim for the solution.
© PG Music Forums