PG Music Home
seems like every time an update is released some things are fixed and other gets broken, I am using the latest VST plugin of BIAB and after generating the track or tracks if I would like to preview them before dragging in my DAW I can not do that, I hit the play icon but no sounds, nothing happens the timeline above the icons do not move??, I have tried all main DAWS (Cubase 10, Studio One 4 Pro, Reason 10, Reaper 5.97)
So very weird, I have audio preview working in both Studio one and Reaper.
not sure how would that matter even a default C chord is there, but I enter chords in my VST plugin, should have preview available when load a style? or single track, not sure which version I should use I don't want to drag a track to daw and then delete if not to my liking and repeat and...:-(...no audio hardware changes were made all other sofwares work fine, I use RME UCX audio interface
Dan, I enter chords in the VSTi and generate there.
Originally Posted By: Navid Syed
... I am using the latest VST plugin of BIAB and after generating the track or tracks if I would like to preview them before dragging in my DAW I can not do that, I hit the play icon but no sounds...

Hi Navid,

The following are some basic troubleshooting steps to try if you are unable to hear demos or generated tracks from within the Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin - regardless of the DAW you are working in.

*Please try the following with all programs closed.

Step 1: Please install the latest 2019 Band-in-a-Box build update from the support page HERE .
Our developers are always busy working on bug fixes and functional improvements - be sure to check back regularly for updates!

Step 2: Open Band-in-a-Box 2019, go into your Style Picker and click "rebuild - fast rebuild". Once completed, please close Band-in-a-Box.

Step 3: Open your DAW and load the Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin to an empty track. Within the plugin, go to File | Preferences and make sure your folders are all set correctly. The default folders are suggested there - but if you have Band-in-a-Box 2019 installed to a different location, you'll need to make adjustments.

Step 4: Click "Select" then "Select a Style" to launch your Style Picker Dialog. Select a style and press the green Play Demo button. If you hear it play back, great! Click OK to add the style to your song and then generate your tracks. Press play and see if you can hear the new arrangement.

If the issue of demos or generated tracks not being heard persists...

Step 4: Troubleshoot audio

When you open a dialog like the Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin StylePicker within a DAW, you are actually opening an invisible version of Band-in-a-Box (bbw4.exe). If using ASIO drivers for an external sound card or audio interface, this can cause issues because that device is set to give exclusive control of audio sounds to only one program at a time.

If you need to use those ASIO drivers exclusively, you'll have to find a setting either in your DAW or in your Computer's Playback device settings to prevent exclusive control of audio sounds or use a different audio driver.

A good place to start would be in your Windows Playback Devices "Advanced" settings. The "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" and "Give exclusive mode applications priority" options should be unchecked.

If you have tried all the above steps and still can't hear playback from within the Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin, please let us know.
Quote:
If you have tried all the above steps and still can't hear playback from within the Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin, please let us know.

I guess I am the poster child for this thread. I have tried it all with Reaper and now am at the step where I am suppposed to let you know.
Yes Alyssa, thank yo your help it has been sorted out, appreciate it...
© PG Music Forums