PG Music Home
Posted By: SuhaimiS About BIAB VST: DAW Sync and Midi Out - 04/29/19 07:56 PM
Hello smile

I am BIAB Pro 2017 (Windows) user and looking forward to upgrade to BIAB 2019.

I use Studio One 3 and Cakewalk by Bandlab on Windows 10.

I am really excited with the new feature introduce in 2019 version which enables BIAB to works directly as VST.

I have been through the introduction and tutorial videos about BIAB VST features.

I have a couple of questions which I cant find the answers throughout the videos:

1. Does BIAB VST sync with DAW? (ie. BIAB VST will play along when DAW is on play?)

2. Does it support midi out? (ie. Can we route 3rd party VSTi as midi output while BIAB VST set as midi input?)

Thank you smile
Posted By: SuhaimiS Re: About BIAB VST: DAW Sync and Midi Out - 04/30/19 12:35 PM
I just find out about sync to host option that can be found inside BIAB VST. I assume that will sync BIAB to DAW host? (ie. It will play along when the DAW is on play?)

I'm still wondering if BIAB VST can be use as midi input directly to 3rd party VSTi inside DAW.

I hope to find some answers before making an upgrade.

Thank you. smile
Posted By: SuhaimiS Re: About BIAB VST: DAW Sync and Midi Out - 04/30/19 11:35 PM
Ok, I just find out about sending midi data to DAW was made available on build 626 updates:

Summary of fixes for the VST DAW Plugin (1.14.2)
Added: Sending midi data to DAW.

I assume we can sync and send midi data directly to DAW? (ie. without having to Drag and Drop, for quick preview and etc)

I hope to find some answers or more advanced video demonstration about BIAB VST before making an upgrade. Mostly about:

1. Syncing BIAB VST to DAW (ie. play along with other tracks in DAW; directly, without drag and drop, for quick preview and other audio related works)
2. Setting up BIAB VST as midi channels/input and 3rd party VSTi as midi output (ie. play midi from BIAB VST on 3rd party VSTi directly on DAW w/o drag and drop, for quick preview, sound search and design and other audio related works)

Thank you smile
Posted By: Pipeline Re: About BIAB VST: DAW Sync and Midi Out - 05/25/19 08:34 PM
YES.
You just select the MIDI track in the BiabVst and hit the Vst Play button.
You can create Sends to send any midi channel to whatever track you like with whatever Virtual Instrument is on that track.

Watch Video
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xtweph5s4t2yfxc/BiabVst-Send-MIDI-to-VI.mp4?dl=0

Download Video
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xtweph5s4t2yfxc/BiabVst-Send-MIDI-to-VI.mp4?dl=1

Attached picture BiabVst-Send-MIDI-to-VI.png
© PG Music Forums