PG Music Home
Posted By: Pipeline Biab Plugin Chords to Reaper - 05/22/19 11:19 PM
This video shows how to get the chords from Biab Plugin into Reaper. The chord sheet has to be unfolded in the Biab Plugin so it is a linear progression. It is then saved and loaded again.
The first time run will ask for the Band in a Box application folder location eg. C:\bb

right click Save Link/Target As
ReaTrak import chords from biab plugin.lua

Reaper > Actions > Show action list > ReaScript > Load > ReaTrak import chords from biab plugin.lua
after it has been unfolded, Saved and reloaded
Run > ReaTrak import chords from biab plugin.lua

File > Project settings > Project start measure > -1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pup364svAo
Posted By: DrDan Re: Biab Plugin Chords to Reaper - 05/24/19 09:27 AM
Brilliant! Thanks MusoBob. grin
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Biab Plugin Chords to Reaper - 05/25/19 02:12 AM
Here's an update to give the pre and post fills

Posted By: Pipeline Re: Biab Plugin Chords to Reaper - 07/26/19 11:32 PM
Here's an update to set cursor to start after loading chords from Plugin and set the count-in to the first chord.
right click save Link/Target As

See also: Studio One Chords from Biab Plugin

Attached picture ReaTrak-Biab-Plugin-Chords-Update.png
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Biab Plugin Chords to Reaper - 07/28/19 09:20 PM
EDIT: that was an old links here's the new link

Posted By: Marcus2323 Re: Biab Plugin Chords to Reaper - 08/16/19 05:48 PM
Hi Pipeline,

I've got it to where the chords are imported but when I press play on Reaper the plugin doesn't start as in your video.

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? I have the latest version of both software.

Thanks by the way...even if I can't get the plugin to sync....it's nice to see the chords in Reaper.

Mark
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Biab Plugin Chords to Reaper - 08/22/19 06:32 PM
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=538294
you need to have sync enabled in Preferences in the Plugin, select the track in the plugin, hit the Play button in the Plugin then play in Reaper.
Also keep the vst window open in Reaper or the audio will stop, this is a bug that will be fixed in the next release.
The Plugin needs an easy sync method that users will understand:
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=538316
Posted By: John F. Re: Biab Plugin Chords to Reaper - 12/30/19 07:06 AM
This looks like an awesome plugin!

Does it have a repository that I can insert into Reapack to update it automatically when you release an update?

And how does time mapping work? I imported a WAV into BIAB and used the Audio Chord Wizard to map a custom tempo map, but when pressing "Biab Plugin Chords" it does not import the custom time map, so if in reaper I import the original audio, it doesn't line up with the chords (the original audio has varying tempo)... (using reaper v6.02)
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Biab Plugin Chords to Reaper - 12/30/19 08:53 AM
In the Biab Plugin if you don't have a RealChart or Midi track you can drag into Reaper generate one up then drag it in importing the tempo map.
Using Biab Tempo Change Songs in the Plugin then use "Biab Plugin Chord" after you have the map.
To get the wav to fit the tempo map in Reaper:
Reaper > Preferences > Media > Video/Import/Misc > After adjusting tempo, set imported media to auto stretch at tempo changes..
If it is not Acid (not sure if Acid is working in the Plugin) or it doesn't pick up the tempo from the filename then to set it manually right click item > Item properties > Playback rate [Set] set to the tempo of the wav > Item timebase > Beats (auto-stretch at tempo changes)> Ok > No
No not in ReaPack yet just check the forum link for updates.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Biab Plugin Chords to Reaper - 01/26/20 10:08 AM
FINALLY got a bit of time to get to this. Took a bit of futzing yesterday. But today I started the DAW up hit a couple buttons and was greeted with this wonderful integration of chords from the BIAB VST into Reaper 6.03. What a pleasant surprise! grin

Two quick points:
1) Thank you pipeline for making this happen
2) How can I be sure I have the most up to date version of the reaper script?

Attached picture Capture.JPG
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Biab Plugin Chords to Reaper - 01/26/20 06:36 PM
This link will have the latest version, right click Save Link/Target As ReaTrak import chords from biab plugin.lua
This is the current full package
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=573587#Post573587
it has all the scripts and actions buttons.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Biab Plugin Chords to Reaper - 01/26/20 07:12 PM
OK, I got it. Thanks again. Something oh so comforting to see the chord charts in the track window. grin
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Biab Plugin Chords to Reaper - 01/26/20 07:59 PM
You can also put them in a track as text items or have the chord sheet:

Attached picture ReaTrak-Text-Chord-Track.png
© PG Music Forums