PG Music Home
Posted By: jwsheets BIAB Plugin in with Harrison Mixbus - 06/03/19 08:44 PM
Hi,
I am a longtime BIAB user (every since the Dos days), however I am just beginning to play around with the BIAB plugin. Will it work in Harrison Mixbus? And if so, are there any plans to make a video similar to what exists for some of the other DAWS?
Thanks
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: BIAB Plugin in with Harrison Mixbus - 06/03/19 11:08 PM
One of the plugins should work for any DAW as long as the daw can use either a 32 bit VST, 64 bit VST, AAX, VSTi or VST3.

For example. Presonus Studio One Prime requires a $100 patch to use VSTs. Without the patch you can not use the plugin.

I don't know the answer for a video.
Posted By: Teunis Re: BIAB Plugin in with Harrison Mixbus - 06/03/19 11:18 PM
I thought the support option for VSTs only applied to Studio One Pro and for Studio One Artist with the upgrade for VST support. See https://www.presonus.com/products/Studio-One/compare-versions

Tony
Posted By: jford Re: BIAB Plugin in with Harrison Mixbus - 06/04/19 10:21 AM
As I understand it, Studio One Prime (the free version) has no support for VST(i)'s; Studio One Artist requires the $100 plugin; and Studio One Pro fully supports VST(i) plugins.

Since you seem to have both the BIAB Plugin and Harrison Mixbus, I would just try it. If I have time, I'll give it a try this evening, as well. If MixBus supports drag and drop of audio content onto the MixBus tracks, it should work just fine. It should only take a few moments to verify it.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: BIAB Plugin in with Harrison Mixbus - 06/04/19 10:16 PM
Mixbus BiabVstFX Band-in-a-Box DAW VST FX Plugin.dll worked.
Mixbus 4 didn't see the Band-in-a-Box DAW VST Plugin.dll instrument
so I used PluginFlipFlopSynth.dll then loaded Band-in-a-Box DAW VST Plugin.dll instrument into it, this way you can send midi from the Biab plugin to the DAW then send the midi channels to different tracks with different Virtual Instruments.

Attached picture MixBus-BiabVst.png
Attached picture MixBus-BiabVsti-PluginFlipFlop.png
Posted By: Pipeline Re: BIAB Plugin in with Harrison Mixbus - 06/04/19 11:05 PM
And Ardour, it don't see the BiabVSTi only the BiabVstFX

Attached picture Ardour-BiabVst.png
© PG Music Forums