PG Music Home
Posted By: Igglepud Random useless Error in Ableton Live - 06/14/19 01:51 PM
It tells me there was a problem when I load a style, but no error code, no idea where to look. Just says "there was a problem" and to restart the plugin. It never crashes or freezes, just won't load styles. I'd give you my screenshot but I can't upload images here. I have all day today to learn the program, but I'm not getting anything done because I can't even select a style.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Random useless Error in Ableton Live - 06/14/19 03:13 PM
Band-in-a-Box styles don't work with Ableton Live, they only work in Band-in-a-Box and RealBand.

If you're interested in learning Band-in-a-Box, look at the beginner videos +++ HERE +++
Posted By: Igglepud Re: Random useless Error in Ableton Live - 06/14/19 03:21 PM
They definitely DO work in Ableton, I watched the tutorial video before I came here.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Random useless Error in Ableton Live - 06/14/19 03:26 PM
Are you trying to use the Band-in-a-Box plugin in Ableton Live?
Posted By: Igglepud Re: Random useless Error in Ableton Live - 06/14/19 03:26 PM
Got the thing working, and now I'm loving this software. I set up my chords, pick a style, then generate MIDI and place them into my tracks.

Problem: I had to click the "rebuild" button in the styles menu. I did that and everything seems to function now as it should.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Random useless Error in Ableton Live - 06/14/19 03:30 PM
Glad you got it working. I apologize for not immediately realizing you're using the plugin to play styles. It's a quick way to get audio tracks, isn't it? Enjoy!
Posted By: Igglepud Re: Random useless Error in Ableton Live - 06/14/19 03:55 PM
Yes! I have a Trio+, but recording all my gear is a pain. Especially the Trio, because I don't have a way to separate the bass from the drums. I've been trying to move my whole rig to a digital format, and this is definitely going to help.
© PG Music Forums