PG Music Home
Posted By: Loz WAV file locations in Reaper - 09/20/19 04:10 PM
Hi all,
I've just started using the VST plugin in Reaper. When I drag the tracks into reaper, the actual WAV files remain only in the the bb plugins directory and not in the reaper directory.

How do people manage the WAV files in Reaper - it seems that doing a save/save as into a new directory with the 'move files' seems the best option.

The risk is that if forget to move the BIAB WAV files then you could lose the files if the plugins directory is cleared.

Also, it looks like the only way to clear out the plugins directory is to manually delete the files - have I missed something?
Posted By: Pipeline Re: WAV file locations in Reaper - 09/20/19 04:33 PM
You have an option in the Plugin's Preferences to Clear Renders but you might be better to do it manually, not sure if they go to the recycle bin.

Posted By: Pipeline Re: WAV file locations in Reaper - 10/02/19 11:27 AM
Here's a script that will copy all the tracks you have dragged in from the BB Plugin into Reaper over to the Reaper's project folder.
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=225489

DSY_copy files to project folder.lua

Full Screen

Attached picture Reaper-Copy-BB-Tracks.gif
Posted By: Masi Re: WAV file locations in Reaper - 12/29/19 01:22 PM
As the plugin detects the host it could make use of the extended API. It seems that Reaper exposes the projects directory.

https://www.reaper.fm/sdk/reascript/reascripthelp.html#EnumProjects

I guess that's what Pipeline's script uses. Would be much better if the plugin handled it by itself.

Masi
Posted By: Adar - PG Music Re: WAV file locations in Reaper - 01/02/20 03:03 PM
Thanks for the feedback Loz! Unfortunately there is no standard way to save files in the same location as the DAW project file. Some DAW's like Reaper provide an API which can be utilized to incorporate this kind of functionality but there is not a consistent implementation that can be made to work across all DAW's. Utilizing the Reaper API as Pipeline has shown is definitely on the backlog for the plugin but because it only benefits Reaper users, it is not something that is being given priority at this moment. What I can say is that the plugin is designed to remember which files were dragged from it so if you have dragged certain files from the plugin to your DAW, then it will make sure not to delete those files when it clears plugin directories. I hope this helps!
Posted By: Masi Re: WAV file locations in Reaper - 01/03/20 07:01 AM
I referred to Reaper's API as the plugin shows the detected host (a feat that I haven't seen in any VST so far).

I'm happy if its on the backlog and not put aside completely.

In the meantime I'll use ReaTrak and take care smile

Masi
© PG Music Forums