PG Music Home
Posted By: rap429 Potential issue with ASIO vs windows audio - 12/16/19 11:07 PM
While in the my DAW (ableton) using the vst i am having an issue where when trying to preview styles it is not using the ASIO driver but trying to use the windows default driver to play and giving an error.
Is Ableton set to release the ASIO driver when stopped ?
as this would give access to bbw4 to use the audio device in windows to play the demos, only the Play Demo in the Plugin will play the style demo through the host, that's not much use unless you go in and out of the style picker.

See here https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=570554#Post570554
Hi rap429, at this time there is no way of setting the Biab windows that the plugin uses (like the style picker) to use the audio driver set in the DAW. This is a limitation of the plugin that we are aware of and we are working on a solution. For the time being, there are two options that may help. The first is to preview styles in the plugin using the "Demo" button. This would require you to actually select the style you want to preview and then when the dialog closes, press the "Demo" button to play it. The other solution would be to open the main Biab program and set the audio driver there to match what is set in the DAW, and then when you use the plugin it should use the same audio driver as whatever you set in the main program. Thanks for the feedback! I hope this helps.
© PG Music Forums