PG Music Home
Posted By: Masi Are the plugin preferences documented? - 01/06/20 05:48 PM
I don't understand what "flat mix" means.

I guess that "dry mix" means without reverb (or other which effects?). I don't understand why we have the setting as there is no way to modify effects from within the plugin.

I don't understand what "atot generate songs" means? So far the plugin has never generated the tracks automatically. All I get is a dialog telling me that I need to regenerate the tracks.

Masi
Thanks Masi.

1. The hint that is displayed when you hover over "Flat Mix" is "Check this box to apply an even distribution across the frequency spectrum with no EQ or highs/lows added.". What that means is that the generated track will lack presence and will sound sort of "neutral" which can be very useful in the likely case that a user wants to add their own EQ and/or compression.

2. As you mentioned, "Dry Mix" does mean without reverb. My guess is that many DAW users would want to use their own reverb plugins after generating which is why we have it as an option, but some users might want the plugin to generate the track with calculated reverb added by Band-in-a-Box just like the main program.

3. "Auto Generate Songs" is a great option that (when turned on) makes the plugin generate a saved song file (.SGU, .MGU, etc.) when it is first opened. Many users like this feature as it improves workflow if they are not interested in editing a song file before generating. Other users (like myself) might prefer not to have this option turned on because they want to open a song file and make some changes before actually generating the tracks.

Hope these explanations help!
Posted By: Masi Re: Are the plugin preferences documented? - 01/07/20 03:51 PM
Silly me, I didn't notice the tooltips. I hovered over the label bit not the checkboxes.

Thank you for the detailed explanation.

Just to let you all tooltips are IMHO sufficient. Except perhaps for the MultiRiff start/end option. It is not completely clear how long early and late are. A few ms, a quarter, a measure?

Masi
Thanks Masi, I'll look into updating the tooltips for the MultiRiffs option. Just to clear things up, the "early" and "late" refer to a measure. I appreciate the feedback!
© PG Music Forums