PG Music Home
Posted By: Pipeline Plugin Update/Rehash Ideas Post Here - 03/07/20 12:06 AM
The Plugin is for DAW users so you don't need all those PG big colorful buttons/icons, this will give a lot more room.
You can choose what channel it sends the midi on the tracks to the host.
You will have vol & bal level sent to the host.
Drag will be done by dragging the track name, you could have a midi drag point on the track.
All tracks will sync play to the host as default.
Deselecting the Host button and hitting the Play button will play all tracks.
Mute & Solo work as they do in every other DAW or VST Plugin.
You have a theme color select choice.
Below the divider between the tracks and the chords can move up/down to show more tracks or more chords.

This is just a rough example of how much you can fit giving the user more control and ease of use without having to ask in forums or watch videos to find out how the heck to use it.
Call it any name but Band in A Box, No Brainer Pro Tracks VST...
These examples take a long time to make up, the amount of time I've spent making them up would of been better served on the actual VST.

This is just another idea I had, if you have any ideas for improvements please post here.
EDIT: the actual tracks will look something like this

Full Screen Pic

Attached picture PG-Session-Tracks-VST.png
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Plugin Update/Rehash Ideas Post Here - 03/07/20 10:07 AM
Interesting idea, obviously you put a lot of thought into this. Some I like, but this focuses the plugin around midi. If you are working with midi primarily why not do all that in the DAW? That is where I would choose my VSTi instruments, not in the plugin.

The plugin is focused on RTs, and RDs with midi as well. But to my mind turning it into a midi host is a waste of it core function, and takes up way to much GUI space.

I like the name idea, and agree it needs to sync to host on playback. Midi should be fully implemented in that it can be opened or dragged in, or RCs should work properly. It should have a simple GM set in the background for listening to Midi tracks in the mix, but fully adding a VSTI is not that important. Once I drag midi to the DAW I will add the sound set there.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Plugin Update/Rehash Ideas Post Here - 03/07/20 10:39 AM
Ya, Rob and I on the same page. I don't see the value in having a VST to load a VST. My Daw routes midi to any single VST I need including Kontakt which is itself a multi-player. I need BIAB-VST as a source of the midi (and RTS) from BAIB.

Or maybe I am confused on exactly what all this VST in VST stuff is intended to do? crazy I appreciate the need for complexity but am always on the look out for simplicity where I can find it. grin
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Plugin Update/Rehash Ideas Post Here - 03/07/20 05:18 PM
I love Pipeline cool ideas, I bet this flows from his experience with stuff like mini host and such. Still that was not the core idea behind the BiaB plugin. Still cool
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Plugin Update/Rehash Ideas Post Here - 03/07/20 06:05 PM
The Plugin example is just showing the VSTSynthFont standard tracks I could of edited all the tracks to show audio and midi but that would take ages, you just need to use your imagination. It's not meant to do what VSTSynthFont does it will work how the plugin works now but with better tracks.

Attached picture PG-Session-Tracks-VST-Audio-Track.png
Attached picture PG-Session-Tracks-VST-Midi-Track.png
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Plugin Update/Rehash Ideas Post Here - 03/08/20 12:18 AM
I see
Cool and useful idea Pipeline.. Will definitely be an improvement..
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Plugin Update/Rehash Ideas Post Here - 03/24/20 08:31 PM
Here's an updated impression, if you think of anything else you need or any ideas post them now before it's too late and we end up with something we can't use again.
See Full Screen

Attached picture New-BBvst-Impression.png
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Plugin Update/Rehash Ideas Post Here - 03/25/20 12:20 AM
Down the track you could add a VST after the Track like you can now with the new VSTSynthFont. So add a VSTfx on the audio or add a VSTi on the midi track.
See Full Screen

Attached picture New-BBvst-Impression2.png
© PG Music Forums