PG Music Home
Posted By: Belladonna VST Plug-in - 05/10/20 11:14 AM
I have Mixcraft 9 and just installed the BIAB 2019 Ultra on my Windows Laptop. I was so looking forward to using the VST Plug-in in Mixcraft 9.

Since I am able to open the BIAB plug-in in Mixcraft, I'm not sure what the benefit is?

It seems most people still say to work out the song and generate outside of the DAW.

I just recently learned how to save separate tracks as .wav in a folder and can easily have Mixcraft load them in as separate tracks.

I just don't see any advantage having BIAB inside the DAW? Can someone explain what I'm missing here?
Posted By: Pipeline Re: VST Plug-in - 05/10/20 11:35 AM
You have a live or studio recorded session in your DAW and you would like to add more instruments to it without hiring studio musicians. It will let you play along in sync with the tracks in the DAW to find something that fits best.

You use a DAW and have never used Biab or don't want to try and learn it, you want something that is simple and intuitive to use.

For non Biab DAW only users.
Posted By: Belladonna Re: VST Plug-in - 05/11/20 12:27 AM
Thanks for your answers. So, since I have created several songs with BIAB and I now have Mixcraft 9 with the plug-in. I load a song I've created in the BIAB already inside the plug-in, so you're saying here I can add new instruments within BIAB, that I will have more tracks than the 8 or 9 (can't remember) ordinarily I can use in stand alone BIAB? Then, I supposed I can drag and drop the master which will get lets say 12 tracks into my Mixcraft? Actually, had trouble with the drag and drop from the master, another problem.

What I did was do my song in BIAB? Add some additional instruments on the soloist track and maybe audio. Saved as SGU files. Went to Real Band opened the song export each track into a folder as .wav files. Then I went into Mixcraft and said load Sound file for each of the tracks to get them all over into Mixcraft. Probably is a short-cut but I couldn't figure it out.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: VST Plug-in - 05/11/20 07:12 PM
You don't need to go into RealBand.
In Biab > Audio > Export Song as wav files (1 file per track)
Drag them into Mixcraft
Load the that SGU into BiabPlugin in Mixcraft
if you scroll the track list down in the BiabPlugin you will have empty slots you can generate more tracks in
double click the little drag icon and it will turn blue
this will then play back with the other tracks in Mixcraft
if they sound good drag them in.
Posted By: Belladonna Re: VST Plug-in - 05/11/20 11:20 PM
Thanks Pipeline I'm learning.
© PG Music Forums