PG Music Home
Posted By: paulpaul bb plugin with mixcraft - 08/29/20 08:19 AM
hello

just updated to bb 730 build
install
rebuild everything.
rebooted windows run as admin,no change to my normal settings.

run mixcraft pro 8
open bb plugin in mixcraft
select style.
style window opens but when i click style(tried a few)
style picker window closes and plugin says it is choosing style but in fact it just hangs and i have to use task manager to close.

i tried in cakewalk,traktion and reaper and plugin is ok.

i havent changed anything in mixcraft and it was working ok before.
tried several times but just had enough rebooting etc.
seems it is mixcraft related because plugin works with other Daws.

any advice please.
thanks.
Posted By: Adar - PG Music Re: bb plugin with mixcraft - 08/31/20 01:43 PM
Hi paulpaul, thank you for your feedback! I've just done some testing in Mixcraft 9, and on my machine the plugin appears to be working correctly. Which plugin type are you using? I did notice some odd behavior with the VST3 FX plugin but the VST3 instrument plugin worked great for me. If you have any more information or can provide a short video/screenshot, that would be much appreciated.
Posted By: paulpaul Re: bb plugin with mixcraft - 09/01/20 04:34 AM
Adar

Ive tried to screen capture.

hope this is ok.

open mixcraft as normal(new project)
select instrument track
select bb vst3 to open plugin

select style
load song demo for style
style picker closes as soon as i click load demo.
at this point the plugin hangs and closes.

previous versions of plugin work as normal.

Attached File
Untitled 5.mp4  (16 downloads)
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: bb plugin with mixcraft - 09/01/20 02:38 PM
paulpaul,

I was able to download and view the 1:18 video. Nice screen capture.

I don't know if it means anything but one thing I noticed is the plugin cursor advances through the empty chord sheet from the moment the plugin opens. The cursor moves in the background while the StylePicker is open and is moving until the screen turn white.

One question I have is have you tried using the VST2 plugin instead of the VST3?
Posted By: paulpaul Re: bb plugin with mixcraft - 09/01/20 03:24 PM
Jim

I don't know if it means anything but one thing I noticed is the plugin cursor advances through the empty chord sheet from the moment the plugin opens. The cursor moves in the background while the StylePicker is open and is moving until the screen turn white.

i queried this awhile ago and was informed it would be fixed in the next update (link) so i kinda just live with it. it goes normal when i enter a song and play..that was before this latest update.

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?
ubb=showflat&Main=81112&Number=575605#Post575605

One question I have is have you tried using the VST2 plugin instead of the VST3?

i dont know where the vst2 plugin is.
when i open plugin in mixcraft i get 2 options..1 for the vst3 and 1 that just says vst . i did try this one but it opened an older version.. 1,9 ish but runs ok.
thanks for reply.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: bb plugin with mixcraft - 09/01/20 04:17 PM
The VST2 is the one just below the VST3 selection that is listed as VST. That one is not automatically updated though.

When you're running the Plugin installer enable the selection, "VST2 (64 bit) Not recommended unless your DAW ONLY supports VST2".

The installer will then install the VST2 at C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins or a path you chose. It will install a second copy at any DAW specific location you leave enabled.

PG Music does not recommend installing both VST3 and VST2 because some DAWs get confused. Your Mixcraft screen shot does not look like the browser was confused so I'd try it.

Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Attached picture Clipboard02.jpg
Posted By: paulpaul Re: bb plugin with mixcraft - 09/02/20 02:57 AM
hello

update

if i dont click "load song demo"
the plugin loads the style and generates.
if i load individual real tracks,these also load and generate.

loading song demo from style picker seems to be the problem.

Jim

i reinstalled the plugin including the vst2 option. default locations

rescanned mixcraft plugins and opened the vst2 but it still opens the 1.9 version.this version works ok as does the older version of the vst3.
Posted By: Adar - PG Music Re: bb plugin with mixcraft - 09/16/20 02:28 PM
Hi PaulPaul, it sounds like there is still an older copy of the plugin in one of the plugin folders that it gets installed into. You could likely resolve this by reinstalling the plugin as Jim mentioned and making sure to install in all the "common locations" as shown in his screenshot. Another thing you could do is manually look in the folders where the plugin gets installed and delete any copies of the plugin that you see. Then when you reinstall you will be left with just the latest version and not any previous versions that may have been left over.
© PG Music Forums