PG Music Home
I am having no luck with the transfer of bar settings over to the plugin.
Bar settings (F5) work perfect in Biab. I start Cakewalk and bring up the BB plugin,load the file from my BB song folder and the bar settings are non existent. If I manually insert the bar settings in the plugin for each of the 3 chorus's, it does not save the settings for each chorus when I generate. It defaults to "all chorus's'. Its driven me kinda nuts. What am I doing wrong? I have watched the PG video for the new daw and searched thru the manual,and it seems it should be straight forward, but its not working for me. Maybe I would be better to unfold the song in Biab first? I am out of idea's.
Thank you Mark
OK, what version of the plugin do you have? This had been reported to be working in the most recent release.

Oh, by the way. Mchenry, is just up Route 12 from Wauconda. grin
I am running build 729 and 2.19.9 for the plugin. I just noticed another update to 730 along with a plugin update. I have downloaded the new update and will give it a go again a little later today. I will report back.
Thank you

I'm glad to see one of the Biab experts lives so close! It really is a small world.
Ok..so..I have the system updated to build 730 and the plugin is 2.19.9. My song plays correctly in Biab as I have set in the bar settings.(F5). The song is saved as a .SGU. Here is what I am doing,

Open Cakewalk, select empty project. Set the proper tempo.
Go to plugin and select instrument, select PG Music, select Biab daw vst3 plugin.
Drag the vst plugin to the left side of the page in Cakewalk.
This creates a instrument track and in the soft synth dialog box I select " simple instrument track".(I have also tried "instrument track per output"with no success.)
The plugin now occupies track 1. I click on the instrument radio button and the Biab daw pops up.
In the Biab daw I select file and select the song in my BB/song folder.
I generate the song by selecting the generate button and after about 20 seconds the song loads. I can see the red lines for the bar markers. If I click on..say..bar 3 and bring up the bar settings, they are messed up. It appears its playing "all choruses*" when in fact it did not carry over the 3 chorus that have instruments coming in and out. So right now my issue is between Biab and the Biab daw vst, and not really in Cakewalk.
I am not sure if this is the correct procedure for using the daw vst? Maybe something else I'm not doing right?

BTW, I cant get the =673 B3 organ to play in the daw vst either(or Cakewalk). I posted a new thread about that already.
Thanks Dan, I tried your test.sgu, and can say it is exactly my issue also. Even before track generation the bar settings where missing. Same as after generating. Well, its about time for me to dive into the world of audio editing.I guess I will throw the tracks in Cakewalk and start slicing. Should be fun.
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
Try this one, it mutes tracks at bar 1 then back to normal at 5:

Test3.sgu only partially works. I does not switch on the 2nd and 3rd choruses. So I now suspect that this problem is related to the use of multiple choruses. If you unfold the song and make it one long chorus, you may have better success with the transfer from BIAB to VST.

The developers have been made aware of the issue.

Good luck,

Dan
Try it with an Unfolded one and put the other muted bars in manually and see if it works.
I tried a different method. I stayed within the BIAB program and went to daw mode. I dragged the master wav,let it generate and using the ctrl/shift, I dragged into a empty Cakewalk project. Everything worked perfect. Bar settings and all,even the B3 organ audio came with it. So all is good. I guess I really dont understand what the daw vst plugin use is for. Im sure other people use it for other purposes that are above my pay grade. grin
The Plugin's original idea was to add more instrument tracks to an existing studio or live recording rather than hiring session musicians, this allows you to play/preview a generated track along with the existing recorded tracks to see if they fit your project.
To do this with Biab DAW Mode this was suggested here
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=606670
to allow Biab to play along in sync with any DAW, this will give long time users of Biab all the features of Biab integrated with their DAW.
The Plugin is more of a simple version for non Biab DAW only users that don't want to have to go to all the trouble of learning Biab.
Pipeline, Thanks for posting the link to the thread above. This is all starting to make more sense to me...or so I think. It also gave me an idea on how to use this feature with some further experimentation.
© PG Music Forums